Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tinker57 ( )
Date: September 30, 2022 11:03PM

I can't even fathom asking anyone, let alone a child, how many times they touch their "private parts."

Frankly I am not interested in knowing anyone's amount and I can't imagine a bishop having to/wanting to ask this question!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: October 01, 2022 08:17AM

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/texas/transgender-student-questioned-by-texas-officials-at-school/269-5d234391-3110-4dd9-8a47-a71b999c875a

Transgender 8th grader taken out of class for questioning by Texas child welfare investigator, mom says
The mother's declaration is part of an ongoing lawsuit by LGBTQ+ advocates against Gov. Greg Abbott's order to investigate gender-affirming care.

AUSTIN, Texas — The mother of a transgender boy says her 13-year-old son was removed from class and questioned without a parent present by a Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) investigator on Aug. 30.

In a letter filed in court late Wednesday, Carol Koe, using a pseudonym, said the DFPS investigator questioned her son in a school conference room about "his most intimate thoughts, his family, his diagnosis" and "she asked him if he was taking any 'performance enhancing drugs.'"

The interview lasted nearly an hour, the mother said in her declaration to the court.

The son, who was assigned the female sex at birth, was too upset to go back to class and "had a meltdown," the mother said.

The filing is part of a new batch of evidence filed in an ongoing lawsuit by LGBTQ+ advocates asking the court to block Gov. Greg Abbott's order requiring DFPS to investigate families of transgender youth for providing gender-affirming care.

Koe told the court the DFPS investigator said she "was being investigated for 'child abuse' for seeking testosterone treatment" for her son "and that it was 'illegal' to do so."

During the 2021 legislative session, Texas lawmakers failed to pass bills restricting gender-affirming care.

In August 2021, DFPS deemed gender reassignment surgery as child abuse except to correct "medically verifiable genetic disorders of sex development."

However, medical experts widely agree that gender-affirming care is medically necessary and rarely includes surgery.

Instead, most care includes puberty or hormone blockers, which delay puberty but can be reversed.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: October 02, 2022 01:43AM

"LGBTQ+ advocates"

If it's a transgender issue, why not just the T advocates? The LGBQ+ advocates need not get involved.

Family law is big on the medical rights of parents. Schools interfering is a big no-no. Parents who do that can get hauled into court. Secret hormone therapy is as illegal as any other kind of secret therapy.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: October 02, 2022 09:01AM

It's none of the government's business, just hate-mongering for votes and several families have had to flee to blue states.

Having the state "investigate" trans kids is just as wrong as LD$, Inc. "interview" kids.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 02, 2022 02:29PM

+1

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: October 02, 2022 02:41PM

Law enforcement is hate?

I mean, it kind of is if you consider marijuana laws, but states fixed that by changing the law.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 02, 2022 03:07AM

Private parts are private. It’s none of the church’s business.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: October 02, 2022 01:06PM

Even at my senior citizen age, I must touch my private parts at least 3-4 times a day, sometimes more....... otherwise I'd be walking around with soggy underwear.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.