Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: auntsukey ( )
Date: October 05, 2022 08:26PM

Whenever I go searching for a partiular topic related to mormonism, the first few hits will be to the website "church of jesus christ . org". or "newsroom church of jesus christ . org"

One wonders if there is a mission calling for members to sit at computers and flood the internet with mormon material so that it comes up first on any search?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 05, 2022 09:59PM

TBMs and their SEM, search engine masturbation. . .

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 06, 2022 12:17PM

I'm not sure about flooding the search engines but I know that members gush over crappy LDS books and leave disingenuous reviews. The also do the same with their crummy reviews of MLM schemes like clothing and oils.

Posted by: auntsukey ( )
Date: October 06, 2022 03:33PM

have you read the Amazon reviews of Chad Daybell's books pre Lori Vallow and the missing kids?

Example: "Living on the Edge of Heaven"
"Chad Daybell shares his incredible life story. His near-death experiences and closeness to the angels and heaven offer a fantastic insight into our true purpose here on earth. Loved his courage in sacrificing to live God’s purposes for his life."

Yup. That was some sacrifice!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2022 03:39PM by auntsukey.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: October 06, 2022 09:24PM

I don’t know if the More Good Foundation is still a thing, but its purported purpose (try saying that three times fast), was to get TBMs to establish websites for the bearing of the testimonkey to the gentiles of which there are more many.

Its Federal non-profit tax filings were less than robust.

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: October 07, 2022 07:10PM

Google or Bing the word "Mormon". the first thing you're going to get Mormon stories, discussions, Nemo the Mormon...Now if you type it in Youtube, you're going to get a mix bag of Meet the Mormons, I am a Mormon (old missionary/proselytizing) program during Monson, GBH time and of course...The Book of Mormon Broadway play songs. You might pull up the dismissive "Midnight Mormons" apologetics, but they, like Dan Petersen, drive more people into true researching and anger.

So if you're a MLM or Grifter or Cult and you need to gaslight, the first thing you got to do is make sure someone can't look up you're company, mission statements, histories, Yelp reviews...so you change your name and brand.

If possible they'd rid themselves of Joseph Smith and become true Brighamites in all is racism, Adam/God doctrines, Blood Atonements against the apostate.

I hate to be cynical, but you can ask a member of the SCMC people on the feedback and improvements on their propaganda styles.

Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: October 07, 2022 08:03PM

You make a lot of sense! The Mormon name has picked up too much detritus.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: October 08, 2022 12:08AM

Duck Duck Go gives me Wikipedia, TSSC’s site, and The Book of Mormon musical.

Posted by: BoydKKK ( )
Date: October 08, 2022 07:11AM

Reality is that The Church of Jesus Christ is the legal name of another church.

Mormon leadership shows how dishonest they really are with this one.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 08, 2022 11:33AM

Came here to say this: how disingenuous is it to have the "Prophet" say to use the "Full Name of The Church™" and then have your publicity imply that you're not mormons?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.