Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 09, 2022 12:54PM

Mormonism at one time in you life was a part of your rail journey. And Mormonism would like to claim that it owned those rails you traveled down when it made up many of your stops. But this is their lie. It is your railway and they just were a part of your stops.

Don't doubt Thomas. It isn't unreasonable to be skeptical with the claims of other people. They may want their iron rails to be iron rods because they are holding them but the truth is that they aren't.

Your rails are yours and your stops are yours and yours alone. Even if determinism is the way the world works and we are all like Thomas the train riding out our journeys on rails we don't have much control over where they go, we still have choices and this is true of even Mormons who don't think they own their own rails. They still can feel like not stopping at the temple, the chapel, the forced friend neighbor's place.

Your Mormon stops along the way were what they were but hopeful they didn't derail you. You're still here and chugging along on your railway to heaven.

Don't doubt your doubts and let Thomas help you on your way holding fast to your rails because...

"If Thomas was allowed to leave the tracks, fly off into the air, or if his steam engine did not follow the laws of thermodynamics, his universe would not function.

His character captures our intuitions about free will. We need choice and moral responsibility, but we do not want our actions to be completely undetermined. We want our free will to be somewhere between full determinism and complete randomness."
https://theconversation.com/amp/do-we-have-free-will-and-do-we-want-it-thomas-the-tank-engine-offers-clues-191787

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2022 12:57PM by Elder Berry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 09, 2022 01:11PM

I refuse to have free will.

Date: October 09, 2022 01:15PM

Train up a child.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 09, 2022 01:24PM

I'm well trained.

Date: October 09, 2022 06:48PM

All a bored.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: October 10, 2022 11:00PM

I love you guys

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 09, 2022 06:53PM

Does that make Bednar Diesel 10?

Date: October 10, 2022 09:40AM

Id hate to cross tracks with him.

Posted by: Adam Warrior ( )
Date: October 09, 2022 08:02PM

Amen. I may be on a crazy train as Ozzy once said but it is still my own train on my own rails in the end even if i go off the rails a few times every now and then i can still get back on the rails on my own journey.

No one person travels the same rails as another in life that os for sure even being in the same operation. For example Ziller and i have certain similarities but are definitely going down separate rails in life even still despite starting in the same abysmal operation and same roof per say we are definitely on separate rails under the observation of concrete zipper to keep us centered on our rails oustide of religion haha jk.

Date: October 10, 2022 09:44AM

You're your own conductor and engineer. The people here are just some stops along your way. This is a good station but filled with many people you can relate to but don't hitch a ride with.

Ride your own rails. Don't go rail hopping. I wouldn't advise it. You are good enough, strong enough, and mature enough to figure out where to lay your track.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: October 10, 2022 11:01PM

Hear! Hear!

Date: October 11, 2022 11:31AM

No ducks were injured in the laying of my tracks. My father did gather all the wild duck eggs around what was called Valtek in Springville, Utah when I was young and I've eaten many.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2022 11:31AM by Elder Berry.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.