Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: October 18, 2022 01:44PM

https://apnews.com/article/religion-lawsuits-arizona-utah-salt-lake-city-68f60dbcdc4d7f49bea01d01ebfbed2f?

Lawsuit: Utah firm and lawmaker helped Mormons hide abuse

“Three children who were sexually abused by their father are accusing a Utah state legislator and a prominent Salt Lake City law firm of conspiring with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to cover up the abuse, allowing it to go on for years.

In a court filing in Cochise County, Arizona, made public Wednesday, the children of the late Paul Adams asked a judge for permission to add Republican state Rep. Merrill F. Nelson and law firm Kirton McConkie as defendants in their lawsuit against the church, widely known as the Mormon church.

The suit accuses the Mormon church of failing to notify police or child welfare officials that Adams was abusing his older daughter.

In 2010, Adams confessed to his bishop, John Herrod, that he had sexually abused his daughter, according to legal records. Herrod reported the abuse to a church “abuse help line” and was advised not to report it to police or child welfare officials. The abuse was kept secret, and Adams continued raping his older daughter and her younger sister for several years. Adams was later charged by federal officials with posting videos of the abuse on the Internet.”

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 18, 2022 03:42PM

Perhaps some posters have forgotten.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: October 18, 2022 03:55PM

There's one thing I can never remember. Ahhhh....Ummmmm......let me see.....hmmmmmm........

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 18, 2022 04:48PM

Einstein never forgets.  Or he never remembers?

Good thing I'll be reminded next week!

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: October 18, 2022 06:32PM

I didn’t read those threads on this topic, but this is a different news source. Believe it or not, I have a full time job and don’t read every thread on this forum.
I thought some might find it interesting.
If not, c’est la vie, no?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.