Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Studying ( )
Date: June 02, 2016 01:42PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: icanbemenow ( )
Date: June 02, 2016 01:51PM

Following

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 02, 2016 03:00PM

Just call the COB! Ask for the apostle's office and when a staff member answers, ask for the email address. If you are asked why you want it, tell him or her that you want to forward links to cat videos.

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: June 02, 2016 08:17PM

I swear I saw a list floating around on this forum once... It was a long time ago and it would not surprise me if the information was removed for liability reasons or something.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. I'm not even sure that the church makes it possible for apostles to be contacted directly by the regular unwashed folk.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: June 02, 2016 08:33PM

and gotten back form type letters telling them to contact their local "authorities".

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: June 02, 2016 08:45PM

Yea, but aren't just those letters to 50 north temple? What if you wanted to write to a specific general authority? Like, MRusselNelson@lds.net or something like that?

I hope that's not his actual address.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: June 02, 2016 08:54PM

I am talking about snail mail. But I doubt if an email addy would get you any different answer.

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: June 03, 2016 06:08PM

My experience is that lawyers within corporations insulate themselves from email accounts where their actions and communications can be "discovered" if a legal issue arises. I suspect this is true of the twelve. They have a charming secretary who receives the communications and delivers a collated and correlated summary to them each morning. Also consider all but about 3 of these people are of the age where they never used email in their professional lives before becoming holy.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: November 04, 2022 10:34AM

I asked my sister if she remembers what that letter said just a few years ago. She said she doesn't, only that it was horrible. She said it was such a HORRIBLE time (she knew a little, but not much) that she just doesn't think about that time nor does she remember. She is 17 months older than I am. She was married with 3 kids.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: November 04, 2022 10:33AM

That was 1983 or 1984 I believe. My "friend" had read "To The One" and he told me to write to Boyd. He was a leader in the church, but not my bishop. He was a friend at work. So I did write to Boyd and I got a reply FROM BOYD. I've talked about it many times. I burned it before I married my "husband." It gave me a dark feeling every time I noticed it in my glove compartment in my car. Only 3 people read it. My sister, her husband, and me. I only realized in the past few years that the reason I didn't show anyone is he was so horrible in what he said to me and about me that I was afraid to show it to anyone else including the person who told me to write to him.

I have talked about it being a horrible letter, but I had forgotten how he portrayed me and how I didn't dare let anyone read it. My family never fit in well in mormonism and this just told me how I wasn't worth anything.

But it was from him. NO DOUBT. It was too personal to not be.

Later on, when my husband told me he was cheating, he wrote to Monson. We got a form letter back that time.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 02, 2016 08:43PM

several layers of Gatekeepers

this way, they're not told of church problems;

Plausible Deniability!

Posted by: rico ( )
Date: June 02, 2016 08:53PM

Just contact them through their Grindr or Ashley Madison Profile

Date: June 02, 2016 08:55PM

You know their aliases?

Date: June 02, 2016 09:27PM

not.gonna.happen.

they have layers of Gatekeepers, they don't want to deal with the unwashed masses, ya know.

Date: June 02, 2016 09:27PM

Posted by: 64monkey ( )
Date: June 02, 2016 09:36PM

oldrichwhitemanwhotalkstogodaboutbathroomsandgays@lds.org

Date: June 02, 2016 09:50PM

they have 'secret' gmail accounts...

Can you guess who was BackDoorMan44(@)gmail.com?

Posted by: blakballoon ( )
Date: June 03, 2016 01:25AM

I wrote a letter to Henry B Eyring once (don't ask me why, it's embarrassing.. it was a TBM matter)

He wrote a nice letter back. Wished me well in my up and coming wedding. I still have it somewhere. I wonder if he cried as he wrote it.

Anyway, it was in the days before emails. I don't think you can get past a filter now.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: June 03, 2016 01:43AM

With about five lines of code, it would be easy to send then ten or twenty thousend e-mail messages telling them how messed up their religion is.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: June 03, 2016 01:45AM

The general rule is that the top leadership/GA's don't reply to members letters, emails, etc, phone calls. This is a policy that was instituted some years ago. Everything sent to them is forwarded to the local authorities.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2016 01:45AM by SusieQ#1.

Posted by: Bruce A Holt ( )
Date: June 03, 2016 05:02PM

As far as I know, the general format is SurnameInitials@lds.org

For example, oaksdh@lds.org or hollandjr@lds.org or kearonp@lds.org (an example of one who doesn't have a middle initial)

That said, there is no guarantee the GA in question is the one who actually reads the e-mails...

Edited for silly typos

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2016 05:03PM by Bruce A Holt.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: June 03, 2016 06:20PM

Why bother?

Posted by: kwsmrb ( )
Date: November 04, 2022 08:27AM

I have written the President of the United States, but I can’t write to the President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints?! I received a letter back from the President of the United States. I am sure it was a form letter, but still.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: November 04, 2022 10:44AM

Of course you can. His mailing address is 47 E South Temple, SLC, UT. He’ll never see it and you’ll get a form letter response, but that’s what you got from POTUS.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 04, 2022 09:12AM

You expect them to respond to an unknown minion when they consider themselves to be above every person on the planet?

I read somewhere the first rule of the newly called apostle is not to bother "Dad" at work, EVER!

-That's something similar to my former mission president- "If you ever leave the mission boundaries- just keep going. And for the rest of you who may find yourselves in trouble, don't call me. I don't want to be bothered."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.