Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: November 09, 2022 10:23PM

Free women.” Ayan Hirsi Ali, Somali, Dutch, American women’s rights activist and vocal critic of Islam and religion in general, who escaped a barbaric life under Islam and has had a death threats issued against her 20yrs for her political activism and advocacy for women’s rights.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2022 10:30PM by schrodingerscat.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: November 09, 2022 10:55PM

True that.

That reminds me that Boyd KKK Packer said the enemies of the church are: feminists, homosexuals and intellectuals.

It's hard to run a religion when people get in the way!

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: November 10, 2022 02:05AM

Those things terrify any authoritarian organization. That would include some religions but not all of them.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 10, 2022 08:50AM

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 10, 2022 09:29AM

Financial disclosure including GA renumeration would hurt ChurchCo, so they wou/don't do that...

just say'in

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: November 10, 2022 10:28AM

Another view, from a woman, a black woman it so happens, if we are now allowing free speech on RfM:

Freedom Rider: Ayaan Hirsi Ali: Neocon in Black Face, by Margaret Kimberley

https://blackagendareport.com/content/freedom-rider-ayaan-hirsi-ali-neocon-black-face

[The lengths A.H. Ali and her husband (Niall Ferguson) will go to manipulate “free thought” is breathtaking.]

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: November 10, 2022 04:06PM

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but weren't you the one who warned us just the other day that the mainstream media is a terrible source of news and analysis? And here you are, presenting "Black Agenda Report" as a preferable source of objective information?

The article describes Ayaan Hirsi Ali as a "Neocon in Black Face. . . a self hater" and an "Uncle Tom" because her politics diverge from what YOU think is appropriate to black people. Do you seriously think that is a reasonable approach?

A white Canadian reaching back 15 years to decry a Somali woman as an "Uncle Tom" for daring to think for herself. . .

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 10, 2022 03:36PM

I've had the thought when I see people leaving church clutching their scriptures (and WTF is up with that anyway?) and thinking they'd be totally lost if they lost their belief structure.
I never believed any of it so I had nothing to lose when I left.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.