Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: April 15, 2011 02:19PM

Ok, this is something I never understood when investigating. When I asked questions about it, they said I would understand after I was baptized and did the temple thing.

Why do genealogy? I could be recalling this wrong, but it was my understanding that genealogy was required so family members be sealed together and thus be called to heaven. Well, if we are all from Adam and Eve, we are all related, so why bother with the Genealogy?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jebus ( )
Date: April 15, 2011 03:38PM

Only those who have accepted the true gospel and received the ordinances by the true priesthood attain exaltation. Even though we are all related, those who are not sealed in the temple will not be married, not have sexual relations, and not even have a sexual identity in the next life.

Baptizing and sealing your ancestors, binds you all together in the next life and allows you all to become gods and goddesses, creating worlds and populating them with your spirit children.

If you don't get the ordinances the best that you can be is an angel or servant to someone more valiant. You will be a sexless being, not married, and not joined to your earthly family in the next life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.