Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tombs1 ( )
Date: April 15, 2011 04:04PM

I am sure some of you knew somone like this during your TBM days but there was somone I knew who really bugged me and I have some experiences I think people should know. I knew this woman because I was good friends with some of her kids growing up and she taught me piano briefly. She meant well and could do some nice things but here is her persoanlity.
-She had seven kids and did not work(her husband was a manger at deseret books)
-they lived in a small outdated home, where the only thing that was ever played or listened to was church related things.
-the boys were all mostly mam's boys and she was extremly controling with them "I keep my kids sheltered from the world" was one thing she said. They also couldnt aford real nice clothes or other things.
-she wore frumpy dresses, was very overbearing, loved to gossip, always had her nose in other people's buisness and a lot of people at Church said,"they cant even stand to be in the same room with her." (anyone ever meet somone like that). Well her husband was a nice guy, and two of her sons were really nice (but they are twenty eight and have never kissed a girl yet, I am serious). Her husband and her were ward missionaries who helped convience me to join the church at 18 (I later found out they were only doing there job), and even right before I was baptised, she was one of the first people to start pushing me to go on a mission, saying "I would think you would want to. But the single most important thing that stands out in my mind was this: I talked to her when I was sent home from the MTC (medical release) and I was strugling to deal with the fallout of my broken faith in Mormonism and who I was, I told her that "I am not going to leave the church and I don't want my friends to turn there backs on me) she gasped and said "If you do that than they should turn their backs on you" That is a cop out! Satan would win" She would than procede to call me several times to ask if I went to Church on Sunday? I eventually did leave the morg and stop talking to her. But overall I wonder about this woman's mental healthand regret letting her and her husband talk me into joining the morg. believe it or not, she is a convert to the church...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2011 04:12PM by tombs1.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.