Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 25, 2022 09:05PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 25, 2022 09:15PM

Date: December 25, 2022 09:19PM

Alberta Holiday train ...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1606837304471035906
(Scroll down for famous Mick Jagger pic)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2022 09:22PM by Dave the Atheist.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: December 25, 2022 09:57PM

Is it coincidence that the second post in that thread is by "Big Dave," who describes himself as "100% MAGA" and whose tagline is "2bz4thot? I think not.

Your cover is blown.

Date: December 25, 2022 10:06PM

Dammit ! *LOL*

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: December 26, 2022 03:48AM

And if you keep scrolling, Cher is engaged? That ring would be hard to say no to!

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 26, 2022 02:59AM

I believe the correct spelling is ‘Wales’, was the incorrect spelling some kind of a hook?

Date: December 26, 2022 03:55AM

It's Fox, where misspellings are the least significant of problems.

Imagine how bad the editing will be after the legal settlement.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: December 26, 2022 03:20PM

Oh, I thought it was meant to mean Kate is too heavy or is pregnant or something like that.

I never imagined such a clueless spelling error could get past the checkers.

They have checkers, do they not? (jk)

PS: Nobody could possibly come anywhere near saying Kate is too heavy. She is as thin as a fashion model. Although she looks pretty darn good, at least on camera. Being so thin after having three kids is often not that easy to accomplish.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2022 03:23PM by Nightingale.

Date: December 26, 2022 03:52PM

Yeah, she's perfect for the part. Beautiful, elegant and yet somewhat approachable, discrete: she's exactly the right woman for the job.

She adds dignity to the royal family at a time when it is desperately needed.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: December 26, 2022 04:21PM

They benefit from an occasional infusion of "commoner" into their ranks.

I watched hours and hours and hours of Royal Family history this weekend. I didn't intend to do that but the documentaries were so interesting I couldn't stop. What's incredible is to see how far back the traditions, beliefs and attitudes date and how they came about.

Every time I watch the accounts of times when monarchs had absolute power (egged on or even manipulated by their underlings) I wonder why any commoner type would want to be anywhere near the court, where the sovereign would gruesomely dispatch even his most loyal followers on a whim (or as manipulated by an ambitious schemer). I can't stand the beheading scenes but the prolonged and vicious tortures they employed for some poor folks are details I would like to unhear and unsee. Yow. How could people be so cruel. I think Henry VIII lost his mind at some point, long before his bloated body gave up the ghost. And who on earth would desire to wed the man? He wasn't averse to dispatching his wives, obviously. How do people never think it can happen to them? Plus, he got to be not the least desirable.

I can see how much Queen Elizabeth had to adjust and modernize in her lifetime as times changed. Unfortunately, the family members rely heavily on their advisors who so often throughout history had their own objectives in mind so weren't always as trustworthy as the monarchs thought. It's not too hard to imagine that could still be a factor. Not in the outrageous ways of yesteryear though. Hopefully.

It's intriguing to imagine how Will & Kate will change things up. As well as to wonder how long the institution may last.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: December 26, 2022 05:28PM

Doesn’t surprise me in the least. In college I had a journalism professor tell me broadcast media was ran by airheads and they would dumb society down. Pretty much what happened. The citizens are being robbed blind because the are too stupid to even see it let alone do anything to prevent it.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: December 26, 2022 05:21PM

Princess of Whales? Does she live at Sea World or is this a female leader of fat humans?

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: December 27, 2022 12:21AM

Too skinny to be a land whale. The BBC could make a full length animation of Kate's adventures under the sea.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.