Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Merovea ( )
Date: April 15, 2011 06:59PM

http://highbarranch sorry can't get the link to work, get it on google!

Ok, I did not finish reading the whole thing because I don't have time right now, but I did get the gist of it. I've never heard of it!

What does any one on the board think about it? Don't get me opinating...I've had 2 sons molested by Tommie's friend and neighbor...who happened to be a close relative of ours! Ranches was their business! ...and service in TSCC mostly in high offices such as stake prez, mission prez etc...!

For the benefit of lurkers here, be very mindful about with whom your precious young people will be in close living while on their mission. Sometimes the mission prez himself is a closet pedophile, sometimes it will be their companion. One of my very brainwashed TBM friends, when I complained about what happened to my children, retorted "Well, my son, his companion tried to kill him!" Like that was one better! God, brainwashed is a very clean brain, free of anything, even free of the elements that allows for the ability to think independently!

For the rest of you sound people, this ended up like a rant, which I did not intend! However, for those good mormon lurkers...open your eyes, fools!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: verdacht ( )
Date: April 15, 2011 08:27PM

The link worked.
Don't know what to say...just struck me as a bit strange.
Just read more on the site. It gets stranger. Take a look at the pics.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2011 08:35PM by verdacht.

Posted by: sukiyhtaky ( )
Date: April 15, 2011 10:22PM

...I've had 2 sons molested by Tommie's friend and neighbor...who happened to be a close relative of ours

Your link didn't work so I'll only comment on this. First, if a child of mine was molested I wouldn't let it happen to a second. Where were you in watching out over your kids? Second, if he was your close relative why didn't you have some inkling? If you can't figure it out why do you think someone else can?

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: April 16, 2011 12:40AM

Look Sukiyaki, maybe you need to stop blaming the victims.

The morg claims to be the only true church and guided by God, so you'd expect the leaders to know such things.
After all, that's why they collect money from members.

Posted by: sukiyhtaky ( )
Date: April 16, 2011 05:07AM

Show me where I blamed a victim? I am pointing the finger directly at the parents. You live with the victim, you are supposed to watch out for them. You don't relinquish the responsibility to the neighbor of the criminal. The childs guardian is his parent and parents need to step up and start guarding their children and not blaming others when they have failed to do their job.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: January 09, 2012 09:18AM

I met to respond this here first, but a Mission President or another missionary sexually assaulting his companion would not be a pedophile, they would be a rapist.

While I also agree that missions are bad things, I would like to suggest that you need to start thinking of adult children as adults, who should have been raised to be able to take care of themselves by the time they are 19. I understand the church does not help do that, and in fact throws up roadblocks along that road.

Also, if your adult child consented to intercourse with any other adult male, he is probably OK with it, a happy homosexual, and in need of your support for his lifestyle. Again, the word is IF.

Posted by: Merovea ( )
Date: April 16, 2011 03:31AM

They were at BYU, Darling, and besides, I did not know about it for a few years.... they apparently told DH who I'm sure clammed up on the last syllable of "Don't ever tell your mother" Does that answer your question about my vigilance? Not to mention that our children are all very bright, well ajusted and know well how to appear normal even under stress...not my fault, it's part of their father's genes! They were courageous enough to go to the 1rst presidency about it, they were dismissed and the creep went and served his mission presidency where we do know he molested one young teenager there. In case you are wondering why I did not fly subito presto to Provo, I was so very ill, I could hardly move, we thought I had bone cancer...I survived it...but that is not an easy position to be in. I manned the phones all the way from the bishop, SP to idiot Prez Lee of BYU...I did get him off his ass moving! DH was in the fetal position on the couch looking desperately lost! God, I hate mormonism and I am so glad to have my eyes opened to the truth!

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: April 15, 2011 10:42PM

Let me get this straight, you apply to this ranch where you will work for free. You are supposed to get someone to sponsor you. This sponsor agrees to pay for your mission if you successfully complete the 12 week course at this ranch? I am sure the ranch owner is running this as a non-profit, since they are asking for donations. "Provident living skills" = living off the bare minimum of food and shelter.

What a scam!

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: April 15, 2011 10:43PM

"Have heath insurance & agree to liability waiver."

Posted by: seeker57 ( )
Date: January 09, 2012 08:20AM

@ verdacht - Who is Tommy? i am very interested in anything you know about this or anyone involved with this ranch. it my opinion - it is a scam.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: January 09, 2012 09:13AM

Technically the Miss Pres, or the companion wouldn't be pedophiles, since the victim is an adult. The word you are thinking of is rapist.

Posted by: trufflelily ( )
Date: January 09, 2012 11:45AM

Nothing about this place appears legitimate. Free labor, limited outside communication, severe control. They need to be investigated--by someone!

Date: January 09, 2012 12:40PM

I know for a fact that one or more of the "testimonials" come from a family member. Does anyone know where and who can this scam be reported to?

Posted by: dominikki ( )
Date: January 09, 2012 01:02PM

What does feeding horses and working on a ranch have to do with going on a mission or preparing for one? Did anyone see this caption at the bottom of the page...

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints encourages other organizations to be anxiously engaged in good causes, but the Church refrains from specific endorsements or affiliations including the High Bar Ranch.

I'm going with Helemon on this one...someone figured out how to get free labor!

Date: January 09, 2012 03:27PM

they also offer "...Some examples may include: snow boarding; kayaking river excursions; rock climbing, hiking, and fishing--etc." sounds more like a travel agency.

Posted by: mr. mike ( )
Date: January 09, 2012 03:11PM

I thought this place had been mentioned before....a pointless hard labor regime right before young men go off on missionary work where nobody converts, so the ranch drives home the message "You Work Hard for Nothing."

If there is child molestation going on, then this is the Mormon version of Scientology's defunct Mace-Kingsley Ranch, which was a "boarding school" though it was more like a combination labor camp and indoctrination center. A man named Wally Hanks worked there in the late 1980s; there is a YouTube video of a sound recording where he beat a child with a belt. Many of the "students" had been sent to the ranch because they mistakenly thought the place was a recovery program for troubled teens (!)....the place shut down in 2002.

Date: January 09, 2012 04:59PM

they have had the same testimonials for at least 2 years. nothing has changed. it is probably a phony tax shelter.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.