Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: thedrive ( )
Date: April 15, 2011 09:52PM

Just posted by a friend of mine:

"Young Women: tomorrow is our day to clean the church. So far I do not have one person confirmed and we need 10 of you there so please let me know if you will be able to make it. Remember, when much is given, much is required and the Lord needs you to be there. I Love YOU!!!"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kingog ( )
Date: April 15, 2011 09:55PM

More like when much is required...ya, much is required, but you don't really get anything in return.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: April 15, 2011 10:01PM

They should ask what the church has given them in tangible benefit that requires tangible return.

Alternately, if they give, the church is hereby required to give something of tangible value in return.

Posted by: Rod ( )
Date: April 16, 2011 01:41PM

with her husband and kids, and it not going out for an evening of candlelight dinner, dancing, and spending quality time with her hubby. It will be scrubbing the shitters at the local LDS chapel. I feel sorry for her.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 16, 2011 02:31PM

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: April 16, 2011 02:39PM

If the church really couldn't afford to hire janitors it would be one thing, but they are hardly that poor and this is ridiculous.It is especially infuriating when you consider how many janiotrs lost their jobs in this economy. I don't see a problem with people being responsible for cleaning up after their activities or perhaps paying for the clean up if they have a party or reception in the cultural hall, but the deep cleaning should be done by a paid janitor

Posted by: tara ( )
Date: April 16, 2011 03:10PM

Now, now. They only bring in about $6 billion a year. Six billion does not go very far...I mean...they have to pay all of the bishops...oh...well maybe they don't pay them...and they do not build the meetinghouses out of something cheap...like cement blocks...well...never mind...<end of sarcasm>

I often wonder what they do with all of the money they bring in. It will probably never happen but it would be very interesting to see the balance sheets and learn what vortex siphons off the billions.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: April 16, 2011 06:09PM

helemon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> n/t
They have money for malls and game preserves too.

I grew up in a small town with a number of very small churches. Most had a building I could fit in my living room and maybe 20 or so members. If I had been a member of one of those churches, I wouldn't have minded pitching in so that money needed for other things didn't go toward cleaning or so the minister and his wife didn't have to do it by themselves. However, even in those circumstances, I wouldn't want it assigned. It should be volunteer.

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: April 16, 2011 06:32PM

That message to the young women to clean up is pure cultism. It mentions "the Lord," and "when much is given..."

I can't remember one damn thing the church gave me other than trouble, hostile interviews, fake doctrine and boring meetings.

Of course the idiotic missive ends with a love bomb: "I love YOU!"

Posted by: dthenonreligious ( )
Date: April 16, 2011 06:34PM

I wonder how many will block her messages?

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: April 16, 2011 07:03PM

Wouldn't it be funny if someone hired Daisy Maids or another cleaning service to come in on the day they were supposed to clean the church and turn in a receipt to the bishop for the cost? I know it wouldn't get paid, but it would sure send a message!

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: April 16, 2011 08:03PM

What she should have done is deducted it from her tithing. That will send a message.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.