Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: February 20, 2023 08:33PM

I don't know if this has been covered before but I have been watching a series streamed on Peacock entitled A Friend of the Family based on true events among Mormons in Pocatello, Idaho.

Two families, one new to town, meet up at the ward and become fast friends. Their friendship leads to bizarre events that include kidnapping, child molestation, and adultery, all instigated by the amazingly manipulative newcomer.

These events occurred in the 1970s and they do a great job of capturing the period and the Mormon background of the two fam ilies. At one point the police (FBI) investigator of the case describes the wronged family as naive. I would go so far as to describe them as extremely stupid. Frustratingly so as the story unfolds. Has anyone else seen this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: February 20, 2023 09:24PM

I'm here in Pocatello, wondering if this show will hit too close to home! I'm going to check it out. Thanks.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: February 20, 2023 10:51PM

The dude honey trapped both parents. He got the father to do a sexual act on him. He got the wife to sleep with him. Once he had dirt on the parents he could do anything. The guy thought like an intelligence operative.

Church’s attract predators. Not just church’s. New Age and UFO focused organizations are full of them. Huxster’s take advantage of naive people. They get sex and money.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: February 20, 2023 10:57PM

My dad was good friends of Pete Welsh. The FBI agent who investigated the kidnapping. We lived in Sun Valley, Idaho. Pete was a tennis player and would play in tennis tournaments we played in. I remember he drove a bight red Mercedes.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.