Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 02, 2023 03:30PM

Like some of the vignettes here, this one is well-aged…

Yrs ago there was a proposal to designate a portion of a state park as clothing-optional (‘nudist’)…

The state parks commission held a hearing near where I lived, so I attended & signed up to testify. As it happened a local television crew was there & recorded. later broadcast my remarks…

ChurchCo was NOT MENTIONED!!!

A Busybody in my ward viewed it & ratted me out to our (fire chief) bishop who I knew bc I was in leadership of the local Red Cross; I even accompanied him on his first call after he was hired in Carnation, east of Redmond & Seattle….

So the Bp calls me in & puts me ‘on probation’ which I had never heard of before…

Yup, that’s the Mo Brand of totalitarianism Autocratic Rule fer ya!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2023 03:31PM by GNPE.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: March 02, 2023 05:03PM

People ratting on each other is the Church Co way of having control over members' lives.

It happened to me quite often :(

I became so fed up of my mom going grocery shopping after church because I was called in to explain my utter disregard for keeping the sabbath day holy. The leaders never questioned my mom, they didn't dare!

It led to a fight where I refused to run into Lucky's for a few items. She just pulled over in front of a closed cafe and ordered me out. I had to wait under a tree and then some- she drove home to start dinner. My dad noticed that I didn't arrive. He made her drive back to get me. Ain't Mormonism grand?

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.