Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: March 08, 2023 06:16AM

I've been out for more than a decade, but as I look back on the church I feel a new sense of disgust. No wonder the early dupes, er, saints were persecuted. It wasn't for their religious beliefs, it was because their religion turned them into awful people.

That tradition continues today. They lure in good people with a twisted notion of Christ and destroy what might have been with their toxic doctrines.

16 million is not a good number. At least it's lower than some genocides of the 20th century. The church bandies it about like they are the cool kids. Fortunately, the floor of this Roach Motel has lost much of its stickiness. The church's reputation precedes it.

The church is the poster child for the banality of evil. Ignorance is not your friend. If "The glory of God is intelligence", why suspend reason? It's because Mormons are taught to avoid critical thinking by soft despots.

But things are getting better. The church used to be driven by ideology. Now it's driven by old fashioned greed.

Teaching good men to turn their minds into mush is a travesty. An abomination, in old timey lingo. It's flipping disgusting.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: March 08, 2023 06:42AM

I think the church has just become even more ridiculous. It used to offer activities, sports, camp outs and scouting.

It offers a boring temple now with constantly changing rituals, lot’s of busy work and two boring hours of church every Sunday.

It’s go to church, go to the temple, missionary work and ministering. That’s it. Boring as fuck.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: March 08, 2023 08:14AM

Remember, the 16 million claim is quite an exaggeration. That number includes millions who haven’t attended for years. Some have moved on to other religious traditions, or rejected religion altogether. Some were baptized as youngsters, or blessed an infants, and have no idea that they are considered members. Many of the 16 million are dead-if TSCC loses track of you, you’re still counted as a member until the age of 110. I wouldn’t be surprised if I’m still counted, even though I have officially resigned my membership.

16 million? I seriously doubt that the number of people alive today who consider themselves to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is even 1/3 that number.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: March 08, 2023 08:25AM

The 16 million claim is an open lie. Everyone agrees to use that statistic even though it is meaningless. The church is a paper tiger. Toilet paper.

Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: March 08, 2023 09:47AM

bradley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The church is a paper tiger. Toilet paper.

I like that too!

Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: March 08, 2023 09:46AM

bradley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fortunately, the floor of this Roach Motel
> has lost much of its stickiness.

I like that!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.