Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 30, 2023 12:50PM

Not many worthy LDS people are following the WoW.

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2023/03/30/commentary-most-us-latter-day/

Sugar and meat. I'm guilty of the sugar. Pour some more on me.

Funny how Mormonism seems to be the church of the obvious. WoW is ignored. Families are forever but how many true believing families are families with unconditional love?

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: March 31, 2023 09:51AM

By their dirty fruity sodas ye shall know them and the value of their wisdom.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 31, 2023 10:45AM

and that isn't supposed to be a pun, but I just noticed it. My dad worked the farm and taught ag mechanics in high school. He worked harder than anyone I know, but he was still overweight and his favorite thing was ice cream. He drank coffee, alcohol, and chewed tobacco, but still went to church somewhat. He had type 2 diabetes. Now three of his kids have type 2 diabetes including me as I sit here eating a banana waffle.

Our brother who is mentally and physically disabled is bigger than all of us and he doesn't have type 2. My brother and sister who are thin and don't have it drink too much. The oldest has kidney problems. I do know my sister also has really high cholesterol.

So I guess we are a good example of those mormons who were mormon and don't eat right.

I should add that my dad's siblings were all overweight and not diabetic. My mother's mother was diabetic and not overweight and none of her kids had/have diabetes and are not overweight. My dad, like I said, worked harder than anyone I know and his siblings didn't. You just never know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2023 12:39PM by cl2.

Date: March 31, 2023 12:51PM

Interesting. Makes me wonder if the church was as crazy about sugar and meat like they were tobacco and coffee/tea if there were a noticeable difference in the average health of it's members?

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 31, 2023 02:08PM

I don't think there is any doubt about that.

Date: March 31, 2023 02:53PM

Run to the next soda shop and not faint...

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 31, 2023 03:01PM

A decade or so ago, the sages in the COB complained about the robust stature of so many of their executive assistants and other minions. I can't remember who it was, but one of them called on those women to live the WoW better.

What said genius failed to acknowledge was that if you deprive humans of all physical and emotional joy--sex, R-rated movies, intellectual stimulation, adult conversation, the occasional glass of wine, etc--they will have to choose between sugar and fat on the one hand and medication on the other. Or of course both.

Obesity, diabetes and related illnesses are part of Mormon culture. Blaming those who suffer from those maladies is as myopic as it is hypocritical.

Date: March 31, 2023 06:18PM

I know of asetics in history. I assume their religion gave them the joy and emotional outlets they needed?

Mormon genius hasn't been much of an impetus for these religious expressions.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.