Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Primus ( )
Date: April 16, 2011 09:08PM

They started some meeting at 530 that my son is freaking out about missing. I spent the day working in the yard and I am tired. I just don't feel like driving for 30 minutes to get there an hour late.

They have some dance at 8 for those over 14. He is 13, so even if he sits in the meeting, which may or may not be boring, he won't be allowed to the dance anyways as a reward.

What do they do anyways at these things?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rickster ( )
Date: April 16, 2011 09:22PM

From what i remember, they will assign various topics from the 'For The Strength Of Youth' booklet to the youth/leaders, and they will do a presentation about it, give a talk, or bear testimony about how it has 'blessed their life'! I guess they ask the parents to go just in case any of them need reminding of the standards themselves, so they can harass the kids into obeying! It is quite a snooze-fest, and most of the kids are only there because they have been bribed into going with the promise of 'refreshments' afterwards (usually cheap and nasty), and/or a dance! Sounds great huh?!

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.