Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: beachlover ( )
Date: April 16, 2023 06:57AM

So I don’t even know where to begin, I am trying my hardest to be positive and myself and my big man is treating me like garbage, I have tried to be extra nice and helpful to him, he does not care either way,I can’t sleep at night because of him and that’s why I always have to wake up eating big meals, because otherwise I won’t get tired, I am studying to be a dietitian and he does not support me in this, going on female hormones and he especially does not support me in this either, I guess you could say that I am the most disrespected one in the family, I am trying to be who I am, and not who my family wants me to be, I am staying positive, but of course, everyone in the family ignores me the absolute most, it’s not funny any longer, and they act like I should bow down and worship my grandma just because she takes us on these mOrMoN vacations, and like, my little brother has a best friend that is always glad to see me, yet my family still does not want me at the house, is all this bull crap that’s going on enough to make a funny free lance story? Because that’s not the worst of it, im broke, I have like no friends right now, and my job prospects since graduating highschool have been awful, I have gotten way more into hip hop and dancing these days, but my family tells me to stay off of tik tok, while my therapist tells me to go on TikTok, of course I’m going to trust my therapist way more over my family that gives me hard core hot flashes, and low and behold, steak conference is later today, and my family of course doesn’t go out to eat on Sundays, I would just be hoping that honestly I could just be able to eat good food instead of listening to people ramble about blah blah blah whatever for how ever many hours, it’s like it’s only a matter of hours before the sunscreen reaches the ozone and we are all effed and going to h e double hockey sticks, my family doesn’t support me in moving where I want and are just very hard core and yell in my ears all the time and I’m high functioning autistic,yet I have made a lot of progress, I try to avoid as many loud noises as I can, and I do a lot to help myself with this; I can help myself enough, but anyways, any advice would be greatly appreciated, I would so much rather go to the library then go to any CHURCH event any day, (also I had this idea for writing a free lance story about how Disney theme park water rides are cruel to children, any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated
-sincerely, I have had it up to here with them #upsidedownsmileyface

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 16, 2023 08:01AM

Right now it seems that you have a lot on your mind, and your thoughts are zig-zagging around.

First, how old are you? I see that you've graduated from high school. I think the most important thing at the present moment is that you find a way to train for a job that pays well. You say that you are studying to be a dietician? That sounds like a good field. How is school going for you? If you are handling school well, it might be worth your while to speed things up by going to summer school or by taking out school loans (keeping in mind that you want to make your schooling as affordable as possible if you are paying for it.)

Try to focus on this goal, and not to sweat the other things. When you are earning a decent income, it is much easier to live your own life.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 16, 2023 11:45AM

This is about as utilitarian as I can get:

If there's a Walmart nearby, see if you can get a job there because they have a small range of college courses that they'll pay for, so a job there gives you money and an education...

--https://corporate.walmart.com/newsroom/2021/07/27/walmart-to-pay-100-of-college-tuition-and-books-for-associates

And remember what ol' Judic West once declared while standing exactly in the center of an unhealthy social circle,

"Sometimes, no step forward is in the wrong direction."
                        --Judic West, Semi-Bon Vivant & Wet Fuse

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.