Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: April 15, 2023 07:02PM

The topic comes up frequently enough that I felt The Spirit (TM) prompting me to make an announcement. Namely, that there is no way the North Pole could be a conduit to a hollow section of the planet. On account of the North Pole situated on top of a big ice cube. It's on a free-floating ice sheet which if you bored down through the ice you would run into an awful lot of water. No dirt. Nowhere. Submarines regularly cruise their way through the water underneath the ice cap, and they have somehow failed to note the presence of a huge underwater mountain or mesa or guyot (look it up) for the ice sheet to rest upon. Ergo: there is no friggin' way for there to be any sort of conduit between the North Pole and any sort of subterranean North Pole Ward or whatever they are supposed to have down there. It just can't happen.

But maybe it starts in Iceland- you know, with all those hot spring tunnels and all. I will be retiring in a few years- maybe we could put together an expedition to find out.

By the way, proof of an actual subterranean civilization is the last thing the leaders of the TSCC want. Then the actual Israelites living there would want to take over the operations of the church and our Q-15 would be assigned chapel cleaning duties. Or am I mistaken?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: April 15, 2023 08:24PM

Right. A World-Weekly-News type "news" item showed up from time to time, had the Russians drilling the deepest hole, ever, went clear through the Earth's crust. They lowered a microphone down it, and heard people screaming.

"They can't print these things unless they're true," said BatBoy.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: April 15, 2023 09:28PM

A hole at the Pole.

I love a good rhyme!

Subterranean screaming though - not so much. Especially if it's the Russians doing the drilling. No offence Vlad.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: April 15, 2023 09:54PM

"In Snaeffels Ioculis craterem quem delibat, umbra Scartaris Iulii intra kalendas descende, audax viator, et terrestre centrum attinges."

"Quod feci."

Descend into the crater Jökull of Snaefells, which the shadow of Scartaris touches before the kalends of July, brave traveller, and you shall reach the center of the Earth.

Which I did.

-- Arne Saknussemm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2023 06:25PM by anybody.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: April 15, 2023 09:59PM

Not in a canoe but in a Viking ship!

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: April 16, 2023 02:27AM

Ah the hollow earth theory. it recycles on Coast to Coast AM time to time.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 16, 2023 06:34AM

If someone pulled out the North Pole, wouldn't the hollow Earth be flooded?

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: April 16, 2023 09:40AM

Because of a 'housing crunch' it seems that most cities of any size in Utah are seeing a building boom in large apartment buildings.
At least I thought it was because of a housing shortage. Recently a TBM advised me that all the apartments were being built to house the Ten Tribes when they return from the north.

Okay then.

Date: April 16, 2023 11:15AM

“ It's on a free-floating ice sheet which if you bored down through the ice you would run into an awful lot of water.”

And *that* is why no one has found it. YET!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 16, 2023 04:41PM

There's an A-hole at the north pole again ?

Date: April 16, 2023 04:49PM

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: April 16, 2023 09:53PM

https://www.p(0)werlineblog.com/ed-assets/2023/04/Post-hed.png

The image is safe for work--no trigger warning needed. Just make the adjustment on the url.

Edit: Oh heck, here's an image from sure-to-be-'safe' The Guardian:
https://i.guim.co.uk/img/static/sys-images/Media/Pix/pictures/2011/7/25/1311581237354/New-York-Post-Headless-bo-006.jpg?width=620&quality=45&dpr=2&s=none

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2023 09:57PM by caffiend.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 17, 2023 12:50AM

Nudists love Hot Springs & Hot Tubs, there are a few here in Western Washington, how about in Morland?;

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: April 17, 2023 06:39AM

"At The Earth's Core"
https://youtu.be/c4UsROuaW3w

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarzan_at_the_Earth%27s_Core

In response to a radio plea from Abner Perry, a scientist who, with his friend David Innes, has discovered the interior world of Pellucidar at the Earth's core, Jason Gridley launches an expedition to rescue Innes from the Korsars (corsairs), the scourge of the internal seas. He enlists Tarzan, and a fabulous airship is constructed to penetrate Pellucidar via the natural polar opening connecting the outer and inner worlds. The airship is crewed primarily by Germans, with Tarzan's Waziri warriors under their chief Muviro also along for the expedition.

In Pellucidar Tarzan and Gridley are each separated from the main force of the expedition and must struggle for survival against the prehistoric creatures and peoples of the inner world. Gridley wins the love of the native cave-woman Jana, the Red Flower of Zoram. Eventually everyone is reunited, and the party succeeds in rescuing Innes.

As Tarzan and the others prepare to return home, Gridley decides to stay to search for Frederich Wilhelm Eric von Mendeldorf and von Horst, one last member of the expedition who remains lost.

Posted by: sd ( )
Date: April 17, 2023 02:54PM

It's not a hole in the pole it's a pole in the hole. It's a new tiktok challenge circulating among the native tribes in the artic circle. The goal of the challenge is to sneak up behind a polar bear, give it a good porking right in the bung hole and then flee as fast as you can. So far, there have been no survivors.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: April 17, 2023 03:41PM

sd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's not a hole in the pole it's a pole in the
> hole.

You mean it's golf?

------------------
It's a new tiktok challenge circulating
> among the native tribes in the artic circle.

I bet EOD would be up for some ice golf with his Inuit cousins!

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: April 17, 2023 03:05PM

Polo, the mint with the hole.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: April 17, 2023 03:54PM

There is a truly enormous IKEA store at their international headquarters in Sweden, and the Ten Tribes are lost inside and can't find the exit.

Prove me wrong.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 17, 2023 06:15PM

How much does this assignment pay?

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: April 17, 2023 06:20PM

IKEA's Swedish meatballs are not kosher so the ten tribes would not survive there - they contain pork (the meatballs not the ten tribes)

(see recipe here)

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/life/food/2020/05/13/ikea-releases-secret-swedish-meatball-recipe/3115966001/

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 18, 2023 12:03PM

And they're not even Swedish. They're Turkish.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.