Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: April 27, 2023 12:06PM

I grew up watching his show...RIP

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/27/entertainment/jerry-springer-death/index.html

Jerry Springer, the former Cincinnati mayor and and long time TV host whose tabloid talk show was known for outrageous arguments, thrown chairs and physical confrontations between sparring couples and homewreckers, has died, a family spokesperson said Thursday. Springer was 79.

“Jerry’s ability to connect with people was at the heart of his success in everything he tried whether that was politics, broadcasting or just joking with people on the street who wanted a photo or a word,” Jene Galvin, a lifelong friend and spokesman for the family, said in a statement.

Springer once told CNN that he did not mind being referred to as the “grandfather of trash TV,” saying in 2010, as “The Jerry Springer Show” celebrated its 20th anniversary on the air: “It’s probably accurate. I don’t know what the award for that is, but I think it is true that we were probably one of the first shows to present some of the outrageousness we have.”

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 27, 2023 12:15PM

Also see thread "Who is going to tell Dave."

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: April 27, 2023 12:17PM

What I want to know is why Springer had the temerity to pass away before you gave the "Go!" signal.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 27, 2023 01:21PM

Actually, he was on my "optional" list.
Remember, all traces of him, including memories and TV reruns, will cease to exist when I die.

Posted by: Kentish ( )
Date: April 27, 2023 08:25PM

Wondering how a TV show can be tabloid. The term relates to newspaper size not content. Even the august Times of London is tabloid.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 28, 2023 10:46AM

I never understood the need for the tabloid format (i.e. the New York Daily News or the New York Post) until I rode the subway every day. It really is more convenient to read in a crowded space.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.