Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: May 01, 2023 05:55AM

And I'm not talking with blood types. You know what I mean.

We're all human, we all bleed red, blood is irrelevant.

No matter who you are and where you come from, we are all the same.

When you hate, you hate yourself.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 01, 2023 08:09AM

that whole 'being adopted' thing never made sense to me

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 01, 2023 12:08PM

Thanks for posting this. I don't have blood of prophets in me. I actually might not have any of their DNA given how many greats back they are.

“He who hates himself is not humble," Cioran

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: May 01, 2023 01:28PM

Unfortunately far too many people take that whole blood of Israel, blood of Ephraim, blood of Cain, etc quite literally and seriously. Mormons are some of the worst, especially the fundamentalist Mormons. White supremacists are big on pure blood too.

Quite a few states, Utah among them, up until the 1960s maintained two separate blood banks segregated by race. Didn’t want no cursed blood being transfused into God’s chosen people.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: May 01, 2023 04:30PM

Now you have the unvaxxed claiming to be purebloods.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: May 01, 2023 04:31PM

Posted by: Boondox ( )
Date: May 01, 2023 02:01PM

Date: May 01, 2023 02:35PM

Congratulations?

Posted by: Wasatch Now ( )
Date: May 01, 2023 03:47PM

anybody Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No matter who you are and where you come from, we
> are all the same.

We're individuals with choice. We're all different. We're diverse not uniform. Make good choices, take responsibility for them and don't let bad people make bad choices for you.

Date: May 01, 2023 04:50PM

Your statement has nothing to do with the subject of the thread, which is that your blood designates what tribe you belong to, and in Mormon circles, your blood can be twinkled into the blood of Ephraim (good blood) or the blood of Manasseh (consolation prize blood) or the blood of Cain (very bad blood until 1978).

Blood is blood. It has a small number of distinguishing characteristics, but there is no Aryan blood or or blood of Israel or any of that nonsense.

Mormons of course have the unique wrinkle that they think exalted beings have super special clear blood which is what makes them immortal, and it is red blood that made humans mortal.

Yeah, sure, that’s how aging works.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: May 02, 2023 12:27AM

In historical eras, it's suggested that the world's population dropped to as few as 40 breeding pairs after the Toba Super volcano erupted.

Now some 70,000 +/- years later we are up to 8 billion.

I wonder how we all got split up into the various races, tribes and nationalities.

Yet we worry about fighting over blood types and races.

Somewhere out there, there is the big picture of humans, but we we can't accept it.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 02, 2023 02:17AM

The big picture has already come into focus. The human genome, which was sketch out almost twenty years ago, provides the raw material for mapping out the spread of homo sapiens sapiens around the world, including its admixtures with various other hominin groups and the more recent emergence of major population groups and cultures. The picture is clarifying with celerity.

Getting people to recognize the interrelationships and behave accordingly is a different matter, of course, depending at least as much on sociology and psychology as on genetics.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.