Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon123 ( )
Date: April 17, 2011 02:18AM

Tomorrow I get to go throuh a bishop worthiness interview. I'm gonna be honest. And I doubt I'm getting the recommend. And I got a call that *almost* ruined my evening. I told myself to deal with it later, and it's just kind of a roll your eyes kind of things.

This call was from the dear young women president herself. And I guess we're kinda close. We talk. I've cried to her every now and then. And she's a sweet person. But a bit *too* overbearing. She almost acts like my second mother at time. But this isn't a thread to back talk her, as she really is a sweet woman.

Her call was to ask if we could meet around lunch time any time this week. This is a tottally off the wall call, the ONLY time I've been to her house is for LDS related meetings/activites. And she just wants to "chit chat".

A few weeks back my father told the bishop about our situation(me wanting to leave the church and all, note about that later). My ASSUMPTION(I may be COMPLETELY wrong), is that the bishop told my young women's president, and now, the young women's president, would wish to love bomb me.

What would worry me is hearing her personal story. I really don't want to hear it. She fell inactive when she graduated high school and converted back into the relgion about five years ao. Convert stories are the worst guilt trips, even if I KNOW I shouldn't feel guilty for this decision.

So lovebombing, innapropiate questions being asked tomorrow, serious stalker action. What is the silver lining here?

WELL! I'll tell you.

I'm not going to Young Women's Camp. YAY! AAAANNND, this one was EASY, my father and I were setting up a schedule so I'm not up at all different times and having a set schedule. And since I'm a night owl, we decided on a later time to go to sleep, so consequentally, a later time to wake up. And it skips right over Seminary. My dad says "So that cuts out Seminary?"

I say "Yep."

And that's that.

I'll tell you how the bishop interview goes as soon as I can. Bye!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anon ( )
Date: April 17, 2011 02:31AM

Stand your ground (even if it's just in your head).
You are really brave and really smart. You know their games. Parents may be accommodating you about camp and being a night owl because they don't want to come accross as pressuring you and pushing you further away from the Morg. Dad has possibly figured out that being mean is not going to draw you into the church?

BTW, the term "Morg" comes from Star Trek Next Generation. Captain Picard is abducted by alien cyborgs who try to make him a cyborg robot and remove his human ability to think for himself. Some clever person on this board merged "Mormon" with "Cyborg" resulting in "Morg."

Hang in there...

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: April 17, 2011 03:03AM

Posted by: anon123 ( )
Date: April 17, 2011 03:08AM

That video gave me the chills. But may have also been because I really like Startrek. Thanks for the vid!

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: April 17, 2011 03:18AM

I really like Star Trek NG, also, and the encounters with the Borg were my favorite episodes, although I always thought Picard should have been much more damaged than he was. Great character. I like the exploration the writers did of his missing being part of the Collective at the same time he asserted his individuality. Gee, wonder why that them should mean so much? :p I've always thought the Borg are an apt metaphor for the Mormon Church.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: April 17, 2011 09:41AM

A Frenchman, with an Oxford education who was a trained archaeologist? Nah! He'd shit on the Borg! ;o))

"Qui est ce Borg dont vous parlez? Je chie sur eux, comme les chiens galeux métallique qui ils sont! Merde!"

As Google translate puts it. ;o))

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2011 09:42AM by matt.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 17, 2011 09:22AM

...don't tolerate any questions about your sexuality beyond the basic, "Are you keeping the law of chastity?" If he has any follow-ups, just tell him that you've already answered that, and the rest is not his business.

Posted by: weeder ( )
Date: April 17, 2011 10:35AM

... too bad you can't just say, "Oh, btw I have other plans for my Sundays too"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.