Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 02, 2023 07:42PM

I just saw a moving- company report that Idaho is the #1 move-in state, they can't all be Mormons...

Certainly the Rs will take steps to retain their dominant position, but what changes are unavoidable?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2023 07:43PM by GNPE.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: May 02, 2023 08:09PM

It seems (at least anecdotally) that many of the people eager to move to Idaho might as well be Mormon.

Date: May 02, 2023 08:37PM

I've known lower SES Mos who have moved away from WA to Idaho, Montana looking for a better lifestyle but without a speciality career/ income, they moved back to live with parents.
It takes something weird to tolerate Idaho climate/weather, and politics also have a limited appeal even tho I understand Mos are/at least have a rep for being apathetic- complacent...

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: May 02, 2023 08:47PM

Many of the new ones are the worst kinds of Christians moving away from blue states who support Christian Nationalism.

It's becoming more obvious to the regular old timey conservative Idahoans that they've opened Pandora's box. I can't find the source now, but apparently some of the extremist transplants have said they are taking over, like it or not. The old school Republicans seem to know things have gone too far but dare not vote against them.

N. Idaho is not a Mormon stronghold like SE Idaho. Like with Christians, your mileage will vary with Mormon implants.

Date: May 02, 2023 08:50PM

Many of us who live in Washington won't miss Rightests who move away.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: May 11, 2023 09:07PM

Right on.

Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: May 10, 2023 02:47PM

People all over will take note of this Daybell-Vallow trial and think, gee whiz if this looser Daybell owns several acres of land in Idaho---maybe I should move my family to Idaho. Yellowstone is an added perk and an employment opportunity during the summers. And West Yellowstone year round. The southeastern corner is the most like Utah.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: May 10, 2023 03:14PM

Ban funeral potatoes.

Make an automatic capital punishment for anyone who eats or is involved in the making of such gluttonous Hors D'oeuvres.

Date: May 10, 2023 07:13PM

related to Idaho in-migration how?

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: May 10, 2023 11:58PM

Eez joke, Boris.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 11, 2023 12:05AM

Eez not Godunov, Natasha,

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: May 11, 2023 12:51PM

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 11, 2023 04:23PM

Eez whoosh, Natasha. Gladys eez moose.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: May 11, 2023 01:34PM

Idaho has been a destination state since the early 1990’s. The church never controlled Idaho. Idaho was an anti-Mormon state early on in its history. Idaho is really three states. The north is different than the southwest and the southeast is the only Mormon part. Oddly enough Lava Hot Springs is a weekend getaway destination for Utah’s LGBTQ community.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.