Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: unconventional ( )
Date: May 20, 2023 09:14PM

That’s when my generation is gone. Some of the children remain, but it’s just a church they go to and not every Sunday. They could not be bothered to learn anything about it. They’re not committed enough to even be called Mormon.

So for a family with six generations in the church, we’re in the wrap-up phase. We are functionally extinct.

I believe we are not alone.

That’s why I don’t bother with caring about the church anymore. The battle’s over and “Satan” has won; that is if you define “Satan” as common sense.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2023 09:15PM by unconventional.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 20, 2023 09:45PM

I've got five kids, of whom four are out.

I've got 11 grandkids, of which 8 are fully out, and 2 of the 3 possibles are strong contenders to be out.

I'll know a lot more at the end of July, when we all assemble for a wedding.

(As an aside, it's extremely weird for me, a full-on Mexican, to preside over a bunch of Anglo descendants...)

Posted by: unconventional ( )
Date: May 21, 2023 07:49AM

Yes, the whole thing is breaking down. That’s why the church is hoarding money because soon the reserves are all they will have.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 21, 2023 08:59AM

Five of six siblings are out. My disabled brother still goes. My parents weren't out when they died, but they were shaken by what I went through. My dad was never that devout. Got more so as he got closer to death.

Of all the grandkids and greats, my daughter is the only active believing mormon. She went back at 20 after being anti.

My dad's family my sister says are the heretics. Very few of them still are mormon. My mom's family--the two families left, they are starting to lose some of theirs. They are sickeningly mormon, but my grandparents were deaf and didn't go to church very much. They've been dead since I was quite young, so going to church was sitting there and not knowing anything that was going on, so they didn't go.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.