Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Mahonry the Onry ( )
Date: May 21, 2023 04:37PM

I am not gay or bi. But I have a acquaintance who is bi and also a BYU student. He has lots of gay and bi friends at BYU-Provo. He assures me there is a "ton" of gay sex going on at BYU and every gay and bi friend he has there has at least one gay or bi sex-partner and some have multiple partners and gay sex is going on with the knowledge and even sanction of the Administration who wink an eye at it and only discipline students who are gay and engaging in gay sex when it becomes "open". That is what he told me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dogbloggernli ( )
Date: May 21, 2023 04:59PM

Sounds like business as usual then

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: May 21, 2023 05:20PM

I found out much too late in my attendance at BYU that sex (straight sex, in this case) was going on all around me. When I found out, I was rather gobsmacked. I was also surprised at how easy it was to get away with. Although I found that I had had numerous opportunities myself to have sex, I was too much a goody two-shoes (having just returned from a mission), and deprived myself. That was around 1971, and today I'm still pissed off about having foolishly deprived myself.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 21, 2023 05:25PM

But if the church allowed gay temple marriages, maybe the mormon gays would be inspired to 'save' themselves for marriage...

And you know, statically, the gays have higher incomes, so that tithing income would increase!  All kinds of "win" and not too much to lose!

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: May 21, 2023 06:16PM

I had a gay roommate at BYU but nobody cared. I don’t think too many at my apartment complex were too TBM. Most people were at BYU to get a break on tuition and keep their parents happy.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 21, 2023 07:08PM

That doesn't surprise me. It's cheap tuition for a decent education. You just need to be careful with the people surrounding you.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 21, 2023 07:13PM

Had to be 1983 as that is when I found out my boyfriend was gay.

This guy is still married and he cheats on his wife all the time, like daily. He can't believe that we don't believe in the church anymore and have resigned. He has been in quite a few bishoprics. He now lives by the other BYU--but then my "husband" and all his friends from high school are from Rexburg and all gay.

Posted by: SnowedNoMore nli ( )
Date: May 26, 2023 06:39AM

Does K know that S is gay and that he is cheating on her?

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 26, 2023 12:22PM

All his friends who married and are still married, their wives are aware they cheat. The wives choose to stay and they are all active mormon, wives and husbands.

I would have done the same thing if my husband had agreed to it. I wouldn't have stayed mormon as we were on our way out, but the plan was to share the house and he'd live downstairs and me upstairs. We even made him an apartment downstairs, but never put in a door because he left three times. He came back when I ended up with an old boyfriend when we were both about 47. He had to come back and claim his home (I paid for most of it). He is very jealous of the old boyfriend. Husband has a 25 year old boyfriend. We are 66.

It gets pretty crazy. We never divorced for many reasons, but we aren't a couple. We get along great.

I wanted my husband to help raise the kids and pay the bills and that is why I would have stayed and HERE I AM sharing the house. Our son is here, too.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: May 26, 2023 10:30AM

The Mormon church and BYU has no choice in the climate of today's society but to reinvent themselves as Homophobic-Lite.

Back in my day at BYU if you were caught gay you were offered expulsion, your family told, or what I call Free Electricity----Electroshock Therapy courtesy of Dallin Oaks. There was also a class you could take to be a decoy and catch the gay kids and actually get school credit for. BYU security combed the parking around the Sun Tavern in SLC to look for BYU parking stickers on cars.

Those actions would bring the wrong publicity today so they have lightened up for PR reasons. Must be killing them. "It's hard out there for a pimp."

They lost a lot of members over Prop 8 and they are walking a tight rope now. That is hard in your nineties.

Posted by: huck ( )
Date: May 26, 2023 05:01PM

I have gay sex in the mtc shower room. Great memories! I loved group showers!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.