Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: May 17, 2023 09:44PM

Interesting interview. Worth the time to watch. I thought the interviewer did a good job letting him talk. I have seen a couple of other things of interest I will try to get up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jhi9fjj8KY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2023 09:44PM by Susan I/S.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 18, 2023 01:41PM

no one on the defense had any / enough cred;

IDK if there was any forensic or eye-witness evidence, but Lori's case looked like a loser from the get-go.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 18, 2023 02:11PM

I had considered it likely that darling Lori would simply tell her brother, Alex, go ye hither and do this and that, and Alex would go hither and yon and do his sister's bidding.

But then I learned that a Lori Vallow Dingbell hair was found on a piece of tape securing the wrappings around her daughter's remains, which I took to mean that she was likely present when the doings was a'doing.

I no longer worship her.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: May 18, 2023 02:30PM

No, the hair/tape was on the little boy. There was... not enough left of the daughter. The difference in how the two were killed/treated I think is very telling. I think there was a lot of rage, and perhaps jealousy, directed towards the daughter.

I found it interesting that the juror, having seen a lot more than we did, felt that Chad may have started off being the driver but that Lori became the dominant one in the relationship.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2023 06:55PM by Susan I/S.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 27, 2023 06:18PM

Susan, I just saw a part of that interview, but it was very interesting. Thanks for sharing it. As I was watching, I thought that is exactly the sort of juror that you would want -- a sincere, thoughtful, and reasonably open-minded individual, willing to consider all sides. I was struck by his wish that Lori would have revealed just *some* sort of humanity -- as he explained it, he badly wanted to see that, and got nothing in return. I understand why her lawyers didn't put her on the stand -- that would have been far too risky -- but not putting her on the stand had consequences as well. There was simply no evidence that she was anything other than a cold-blooded killer or accomplice to a killer.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.