Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 22, 2023 07:42AM

"Vanderbilt University Medical Center has turned over transgender patient medical records to the Tennessee Attorney General's office, which confirmed Tuesday it is conducting an investigation into potential medical billing fraud....for transgender care services provided to individuals enrolled in State-sponsored insurance plans."

Needless to say, transgender patients and their families are alarmed that their private medical information is now in the hands of the politically-motivated state AG. Nurses are commenting that the information could have been treated with more care, by using patient numbers and initials only. They also state that information was turned over that goes well beyond the scope of the inquiry. One nurse commented that she feels that LBGTQ+ patients in general are increasingly reluctant to seek care.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/health/2023/06/20/vanderbilt-university-m-turns-over-transgender-patient-medical-records-to-tennessee-attorney-general/70338356007/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: June 22, 2023 08:44AM

And here I thought Republicans were the party of small government.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: June 22, 2023 10:15AM

This would be illegal in France. Medical records are considered sacrosanct. My employer does not even have the right to know the reason for my absence for illness as long as it's signed off by a doctor. Very shocking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2023 10:15AM by Soft Machine.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: June 22, 2023 12:28PM

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: June 22, 2023 12:32PM

This was already an accelerating social trend long before the Nazi Party took over.

It doesn't matter who "the enemy of the state" is.

If you tell yourself, "eh, so what, it's just a handful of people, they aren't really wanted, besides, I'm not involved, this doesn't concern me," just wait.

If you keep thinking like that, eventually they will come for you too.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: June 22, 2023 01:56PM

Posted by: L.A. Exmo ( )
Date: June 22, 2023 01:01PM

Of course, because medical billing fraud *only* occurs in transgender patient care. /s

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: June 22, 2023 01:25PM

Vandy did this? VANDY?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 22, 2023 01:39PM

Vandy, for various reasons, does not have a great reputation among nurses. Go figure, huh?

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: June 22, 2023 01:45PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.