Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: June 30, 2023 09:19AM

Nemo the Mormon put out this short video.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/NQTgSWYM9Vs

In 2007 on a tax return ensign peak put down that they are worth 1 million while actually being worth 38 billion.

Why did I ever pay tithing to this wealthy organization? Live and learn since leaving Mormonism I have donated to real charities.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: June 30, 2023 09:34AM

I think that means at tithing settlement if you made $380K you can tell them you made $10. You would owe $1 in tithing. The church's bookkeeping methods can save you a lot of money.

Date: June 30, 2023 02:24PM

Once about 22 years ago or so I went to tithing settlement with my bishop. Bishops daughter is a nurse and I am a nurse. Bishop said that I wasn't paying full tithing as his daughter was paying more. His daughter worked NICU nightshift while I was working dayshift on a med/Surg unit. Where I worked you got an $4 nightshift differential per hour if you did nightshift. Anyway bishop market "partial tithe" on my record and said that if I wanted to get a temple recommend I would first need to pay back the tithing that I owe to the Lord. Me being the person that I am knew that I had paid my full tithing and that I would not give even a penny more. Right now I am working in the home health setting and home health nurses earn way less than the hospital nurses. Why am I working for less? Home health is more flexible all I need to do is give 2 weeks notice and I can request some time off in the hospital setting it ks very difficult to get time off because of "seniority" the nurses who have worked longer there come first and not many nurses are allowed to take the same time off. Bishop has no idea that nursing wages can greatly differ. So far to the power of discernment.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 30, 2023 11:20AM

It is interesting LDS Inc had their own bleed the beast concept.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: June 30, 2023 11:23AM

Let’s give credit where credit is due. After 2007, they changed that entry to say their assets were “over $1 million”.

And yes, I’m implying that very very little credit is due. They’re a bunch of weasels. Apologies to non-human weasels.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 30, 2023 12:13PM

The article that I read quoted a "high church official" who explained that the $1,000,000 figure was used on that form a couple of years to indicate that the actual figure was none of their business, that as a church, no response was actually required.

The reporter apparently either didn't ask or didn't have the opportunity to query as to why "N/A", for not applicable, wasn't used instead of that abitrary number.

One of the things about "hutzpah" is that you really, really have to go all out if you're going to get away with it.

The Church of Holy Hutzpah of Latter-day Saint...

ETA the link to the story where I found the above:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/mormon-church-temple-spending-spree-utah-e167977f

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2023 01:42PM by elderolddog.

Date: July 05, 2023 07:37AM

Nemo did another video about Todd Budge this time he filled out a tithing slip for 1 pound.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/R56DhHQlwvY

What will the bishop do with this tithing slip?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.