Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: July 05, 2023 10:44PM

Isn't it marvelous...isn't it obvious...that NONE of them really believe in a "Heaven" or an afterlife of accountability while in the present tense of the here & now they go out of their way to squander every opportunity to assist the needy & downtrodden with their $200+ Billion War Chest of Wealth???

The "Brethren" are the Poster-Boys of what it means to be Amoral & "Anti-Christian" in so many ways ALL at once without even trying that hard!

LDS-INC could put a brand new clean water well in nearly every needy Sub-Saharan village &/or community for $5k-$8k USD & still have enough "play money" left over for Jesus's 2nd Coming Coronation Gala Grand Ball at the Conference Center in SLC with FULL Stage, Sound, Lighting & Production featuring Beyonce & Taylor Swift & maybe even an Osmonds Reunion Show...& for the entire duration of the Event they could even provide FULL Catering for everyone in attendance!!!

https://waterwellsforafrica.org/whats-the-cost/#:~:text=the%20average,per%20well%20is%20%24%208%2C000%20USD.

Google the definition of "Amoral" for the most up-to-date photos of the FP, Q-12 & the flow-chart of assorted mug-shots of the Quorum of the Seventies Jack-Wagons!!!

Or perhaps here as a last resort...

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/church/news/view-or-download-april-2018-general-authority-chart?lang=eng

Or so it seems to me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: July 06, 2023 01:07AM

Oh, please, no. Please tell me Taylor Swift isn't going to write a song about her breakup with Jesus.

And quite a few EVs are about as far gone as the Mo leadership. Between those worshipping money and those bowing down to the Golden Lummox (that's a kind of calf, right? Must be) Christianity is looking a little disoriented.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: July 06, 2023 12:46PM

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. The church still needs your tithing, all 10% of gross, even though its dividends would cover its expenses and then some.

Posted by: Windigo 117 ( )
Date: July 08, 2023 03:22PM

Neither can they say with Peter "gold and silver, I have none."

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 08, 2023 03:30PM

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: July 08, 2023 05:42PM

I hear the sound of rusty wheels slowly starting to turn somewhere in northern Utah.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 08, 2023 04:10PM

The Mormon church's understanding of charity within the context of Christianity differs from most other churches, IMO. The Mormons seem to have more in common with the grifting televangelists who need lots and lots of donations to "further their ministry."

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: July 08, 2023 04:32PM

No, no, no. They are being 100% Christian. The problem (as Bart Ehrman has pointed out in his most recent book) is that they see the Bible as a coherent story, and the end of that story is Revelation. Everything else in the Bible is a prelude to that book, and to the church leaders that is the only book that matters. The whole basis of that book is rewards for the faithful in the form of unimaginable riches and power over everybody else. Once you understand that, you begin to understand them.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 08, 2023 04:49PM

I find your take on Revelations interesting!

One might suppose that the Nicene Council decided that there was profit to be made from their unification efforts if they perched John's purported visions as the end all/be all of their efforts.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 08, 2023 05:12PM

Revelations was the one chapter that my college professor of the New Testament found really dubious. He said it was written much later for a specific reason (I would say to comfort and sustain Christians who might suffer martyrdom, but my memory is fuzzy on that point.) He was dismissive of it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.