Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: July 11, 2023 10:01PM

My mum and I watched Jeopardy! together for so many years that we felt OK to give it our special nickname: Jep. (Small things amuse ...). :)

So I haven't complained to dagny on RfM for a long time about the show, which corresponded to not watching it as much. The only board connection is, of course, that one of the permanent hosts is Ken Jennings, who is a Mormon. And the fact that sometimes they actually mention Mormonism (as opposed to never mentioning JWs, my other not-so-favourite group).

Tonight Ken joked around on a clue about wine. It made me laugh.

The answer: (Something like) The drink Buzz Aldrin used to celebrate communion in space.

The question (answered correctly by the contestant): What is wine?

Ken's comment: Yeah, you can't celebrate communion with Tang.

Made me laugh.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2023 10:02PM by Nightingale.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: July 11, 2023 10:26PM

I did hear that. Ken seemed a little awkward but I suppose he is trying to show he is knowledgeable about other religions. I honestly thought the answer might be Tang, being space and all.

There are plenty of Bible questions routinely. It might be my imagination, but when Mayim hosts, there seems to be more stuff about Judaism than there used to be. She always makes sure they pronounce Jewish terms correctly and explains a little more than usual. I think maybe they tend to be comfortable with more questions about their own areas of expertise.

Both hosts seem to be growing on me. Whatever. I haven't watched as much either.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 11, 2023 10:51PM

KJ has his home near me in Western Washington, but I don't have his phone number or his email address.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.