Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: July 08, 2023 02:11PM

I know what I want and it is simple but I don't have those skills in my toolbox.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 08, 2023 02:26PM

What's your budget?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 08, 2023 02:29PM

From my outlier perspective, you ask people whose judgment has proven sound for their recommendations.

Which you may suppose you have done via your OP, but I assure, you have not!

This is a looney bin!!

Date: July 08, 2023 03:32PM

I know, but all four of my blood related TBM brothers committed fraud against me---- so I am pretty much open to any crook out there. LOL

.......Couldn't be worse than my own siblings!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 08, 2023 03:45PM

From my forays into fiction literature, I'm aware that 'honest' people are thought to exist, but I still reserve the right to keep my own counsel in that regard.

I'll just say that I have hope that honest coders/programmers exist.

From what little I know about app creation, you need a sturdy contract most of all.  If you have a sturdy contract, it does the policing and protecting for you.  

It's likely that coders/programmers are involved in the same quest: Where can I find an honest employer for whom to program his/her app?

Date: July 08, 2023 04:06PM

I would say it's like anything else. Go with someone who has a proven track record and good references. And then yes, the contract.

I've read comments online that for app development in the U.S., you are looking at a minimum of $30K. I don't know if that's entirely accurate, but it doesn't seem inaccurate. Hence my question about the budget.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: July 08, 2023 05:18PM

If you know what you want and it is simple, and you are starting without a bunch of crap to unlearn, take a look at 8th.

https://8th-dev.com/

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: July 08, 2023 08:19PM

What do you want?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2023 08:19PM by anybody.

Date: July 09, 2023 04:39PM

When I was in high school 1974 Utah, Box Elder High--- my algebra teacher announced to the class that girls did not have any use for algebra and the only math we would use was for balancing our checkbooks.

The boys on the other hand would need algebra to get good jobs at places like THIOKOL. Okay, that wasn't fair---but life goes on.

Now I really do need to balance my online bank accounts BUT there is no registry like my mom's checkbook. I understand that the bank does the math now (hahaha...Mr. Jensen or whatever his name was)

I check all my transactions to make sure they are mine BUT here is the problem, the bank/vendor uses capital letters and numbers for many transactions and I can't remember right off the top of my head what I bought. I spend an hour trying to figure out what I bought online with a debit card or with PayPal in order to make sure it is a valid transaction.

Some transactions spell out the business---like Dillards--- but many don't. Small companies often use bigger credit card companies to handle transactions. What I want is an online registry that appears on my screen so I can write what I am purchasing, for instance....like Vitamin C orange Lozengers for my daughter from the little Vitamin Store in Oregon.

And the bank doesn't like it when a dispute is made but "whoops yes I bought that. Sorry.Sorry...So sorry".

I need an online register, that appears when I make any purchase. I'm surprised I can't find something like this already. I find online templates to print out old fashion registers but not what I want....

Mr. Jensen is long dead (I think) but I would hate him to know I was having trouble with my checkbook. LOL

Date: July 10, 2023 06:59AM

Villager, I still use a register for when I write checks, or pay online, or use the ATM (most of the time now, I only write checks for bills.) I subtract as I go along, and balance it against my online banking records maybe twice per month. You can probably buy just the registers from online companies if that's all that you want (I've used Checks in the Mail for many years.) Apart from that, I use my credit card, and I keep the receipts around for a month or two in a given drawer. Maybe that would work for you?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2023 07:21AM by summer.

Date: July 10, 2023 02:41PM

I still carry my checkbook around with the register but I find myself using it less frequently. I do have extra empty registers and I may start using them again, I thought there must be something out there that would let me do it online as I made the purchase. Thanks for the ideas.

Date: July 10, 2023 07:12AM

I actually interviewed with what used to be Thiokol -- ATK then Orbital now Northrop Grumman -- in Magna, UT when I was working on the Constellation program, but Obama canceled it. Now I'm working on Artemis.

There might be something already that does what you want, let me look.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: July 08, 2023 09:17PM

She can build you a nice bomb, too, if that is necessary.

Date: July 10, 2023 07:13AM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> She can build you a nice bomb, too, if that is
> necessary.

Ha. Yes, she can ;)

Date: July 08, 2023 09:48PM

Awesome! All kinds of hidden, and not so hidden, talents on this board.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: July 08, 2023 10:05PM

I remember the day when a person had to make her own bombs in a dingy basement or a shack in the Montana woods. We've come so far. . .

Posted by: Look ( )
Date: July 10, 2023 03:39AM

Honest people make apps? Appointments

Date: July 15, 2023 12:43PM

Before trying to get somebody to write a custom program (which is possible, depends on what you want it to run on and other things), have you thought about these?

https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/finance/best-budget-apps

Mint, for just about everything

YNAB, for hands-on zero-based budgeting

Goodbudget, for hands-on envelope budgeting

EveryDollar, for simple zero-based budgeting

Empower Personal Wealth, for tracking wealth and spending

PocketGuard, for a simplified budgeting snapshot

Honeydue, for budgeting with a partner

Fudget, for budgeting without syncing accounts

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/in/business/software/best-free-accounting-software/

Accounting software is a great way to manage your finances if you’re a small business owner, freelancer or contract worker. These solutions typically include features such as invoicing, expense tracking and financial reports. While free accounting software won’t have all the bells and whistles of a paid version, it can still be a valuable tool for managing your finances.

To help you find the best free accounting software for your needs, we’ve compiled a list of our top picks. We selected these solutions based on pricing, features, support, reputation and more.

The Best Free Accounting Software of 2023

NCH: Best for Financial Analysis
Zoho Books: Best for Zoho Books
ZipBooks: Best for Invoicing
Sunrise: Best for Profit and Loss Statements
GnuCash: Best for Linux
TrulySmall Invoices: Best for Freelancers
Wave Accounting: Best for Ease of Use

Date: July 17, 2023 10:22PM

Thank you so much I will take a closer look at them tonight.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.