Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Boyd KKK ( )
Date: August 01, 2023 09:01AM

Have seen a number of news stories about the Idaho murdering mom. Somehow they fail to mention she was a MORMON. Many don't even mention a connection to MoronicPriesthood,inc in any way.

Seem a shame as her church connection is a big part of the reality.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 01, 2023 10:32AM

It may take a certain type of reporter to thoroughly work that angle -- how deeply her Mormon-influenced beliefs played into her thinking. As other board members pointed out on another thread, her type of thinking would not be considered unusual in a Mormon ward.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: August 01, 2023 11:28AM

Once again the press has followed society's rules about affording religion only praise and deference. If they ever mention religion in this context, it is always presented as a story of aberration on an otherwise faultless institution. Maybe someday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2023 07:05PM by slskipper.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: August 01, 2023 01:38PM

Well stated. Heaven forbid they call out religion on anything when people actually act on beliefs they were taught. Suddenly those are crazy "outliers" caused by mental illness. Eye roll.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 01, 2023 11:32AM

I'm thinking that for those who care, they know the details.

ChurchCo on her, Bundy, & others of that (wacko) ilk: Silence.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: August 01, 2023 04:52PM

Reports I’ve seen mentioned her Doomsday beliefs and ‘LatterDay’ seems synonymous with Doomsday.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 02, 2023 01:41AM

Has she been excommunicated ? Asking for a friend.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 02, 2023 10:25AM

Can a married couple, both of whom are guests of a state prison system, apply for and expect to be granted conjugal visits?

Date: August 02, 2023 10:50AM

The women aren't in the same prison as men, so I believe not bc transport & custody would be very inconvenient & costly.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 02, 2023 11:24AM

Does anyone know if Lori is going to Federal prison or state prison?

ETA, I'm thinking it will be a state prison. She was tried in a county court and her judge, Steven Boyce, is a district judge for eastern Idaho. Given that, my best guess is that she will be headed to the Women's Correctional Center in Pocatello. If that prison is overcrowded, she could potentially be sent to a women's prison just outside of Boise.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2023 12:52PM by summer.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 02, 2023 12:35PM

Yes.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: August 02, 2023 01:15PM

Boise would be convenient for dagny, who wouldn't have to travel too far to deliver care packages and lettres d'amour on behalf of an anonymous Most Interesting Man in the World.

Date: August 02, 2023 01:44PM

find out which prison & her custody / inmate #, then send a cake with a file & a shiv, but no return address

Posted by: tensolator ( )
Date: August 02, 2023 01:55PM

Chad the Nad will not be given love visits with his lovely bride Lori. Lori, who believes she is married to Moroni as well, is spoken for.

Though Lori is a nut, Chad is an interesting fellow. I have not followed this tragedy. Though I and my history classes did find the Johnny v. Amber trial a riot. High Comedy. Chad was quite the prolific author for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. More commonly known as Mormons. I was surprised the number of books of his that were still available on Amazon.

I will not spend a dime on any of his literary efforts. But it would be interesting to read through them to determine if he had dropped any clues for his dear readers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2023 01:56PM by tensolator.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.