Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: August 01, 2023 02:17PM

Since she was found legally compentent, she must be aware of her actions -- but was she?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2023 03:46PM by anybody.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 01, 2023 02:22PM

I believe I read that a strand or two of Lori's hair was caught up in some of the tape wrapped around one of her deceased kids, and that supports the notion that she was in the vicinity when that child's death was being arranged.

And I believe she was present when Alex was 'forced' to kill her previous-to-Chad husband.

She doesn't come across as a shrinking violet.

While there are those men who wouldn't mind having sex with her, I have to wonder about falling asleep in her presence afterward.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: August 01, 2023 03:38PM

What about if you fell asleep during sex with her?

Date: August 01, 2023 06:51PM

Gladys, if that is the voice of experience talking...

Date: August 01, 2023 07:10PM

Experience with you? LOL. I'm just recounting something your fourth and sixth wives both said.

Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: August 01, 2023 03:14PM

There are lots of other questions.

Who was present when Tylee was murdered. She was a big gal. Unless she was drugged to unconsciousness, she would have fought like hell. The fact that JJ showed evidence of a struggle, makes me wonder if he was not sufficiently drugged. So maybe Tylee wasn't either.

And who did the stabbing to her pelvis? Why? If she was asphyxiated like JJ and Tammy, why the stab wounds? The forensic witness said that they weren't part of the dismemberment.

I want to know is how Alex died? Was he told he needed to be in heaven, "happy and busy", his work here was done and to move along. IE. Suicide ? Or did Zulema help him get to the CK? Alex was suspiciously absent from Lori's tales of heavenly visits.

What about Joe Ryan? Will that be investigated further? And Brandon Boudreaux? Will Melanie be charged in a conspiracy?

I hope Chad doesn't plea. I want to hear the rest of the evidence that has been gathered in AZ.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 01, 2023 03:47PM

Too Bad Ann Rule isn't living to interview her & Chad, write a book, sell the movie rights, and retire in her choice of locations;

I think I heard that her daughter is following her footsteps, I'm sure someone has sharpened their pencils, put fresh ink in their printer for this....

Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: August 01, 2023 09:01PM

I hope so

Date: August 01, 2023 03:57PM

I was reading Patricia Highsmith's The Talented Mr. Ripley the other day and came across this sentence: "His stories were good because he imagined them intensely, so intensely that he came to believe them."

That woman surely understood psychopaths. Probably the foremost reason they do well on lie detector tests is that they have come to believe their own claims. Put differently, their egocentrism is so extreme that they perceive their own wishes as the standard for truth. They are utterly sincere.

Is that not the same as Boyd Packer's admonition that "a testimony is to be found in the bearing of it?" Was he not telling people to lie to themselves and others until they believe what they say? Wasn't Lori doing precisely that?

Once again we see how Mormonism sets up a minority of believers--the Laffertys, LeBarons, and others--to do truly evil things. To be a faithful Mormon, you must surrender your moral judgment and do as you are told; you must believe that God asks righteous people to kill strangers (Nephi) and even their own children (Abraham, Jesus); and you must learn to lie persuasively.

Is Vallow a psychopath? Is she a sincere Mormon? Or is she both?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 01, 2023 06:19PM

I agree with you. Lori is a psychopath who has learned to deny reality. My only hope is that her fellow prisoners refuse to entertain her fantasies.

Date: August 01, 2023 06:23PM

IDK what the protocols are in Idaho (or any) prison (introduction of new residents, etc.) but I won't be surprised if someone offs her.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 01, 2023 06:31PM

I've wondered about that. I think she may possibly be isolated for her own safety.

Date: August 01, 2023 06:58PM

hee, hee, hee...  Or for the safety of others!

Date: August 01, 2023 07:11PM

there's always a minimum of interpersonal activity (I applied for employment at a prison so I know a bit about it...)

laundry, meals, minimum exercise, being monitored by staff, interviews with psychologists (to assess your attitude, how well you'll adapt to incarceration, etc) possibly visitors (Prison Bishop!!!);

prison life isn't just sitting in a solitary cell all day.

Date: August 01, 2023 07:45PM

If you go native, i.e., nudest, in prison, can you be arrested for indecent exposure?

Date: August 01, 2023 08:08PM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you go native, i.e., nudist, in prison, can you
> be arrested for indecent exposure?

in general, all laws apply equally the same to prisoners.

Yes! butt (pun intended) what are they gonna do?

prison admins have ways to make your life inside miserable too.

prisoners 'residents', 'offenders' 'criminals' are no more likely to accept or tolerate nudism more than others.

Date: August 01, 2023 09:48PM

What if you
      could make
      money from
      people who
      would pay
      you to wear
      clothes?

Date: August 01, 2023 11:16PM

If that were the case, you would be richer than Space Karen.

Posted by: moehoward ( )
Date: August 03, 2023 12:47PM

IMO, Lori knows exactly what she did but now is in too deep to say, "Just kidding". After 5 years in prison, her story will start to change. I'm more interested in her cherub husband Chad. Again, IMO, I think he will through her under the bus at his trial.

Posted by: auntsukey ( )
Date: August 03, 2023 01:33PM

I predict no trial for Chad. Lori's trial practically convicted him. I think he'll plead. He's still eligible for the death penalty and as much as he loves death and craves another NDE, I think he'll opt for LWP.

His lawyers will probably drag it out to collect max $$ for themselves in legal fees prior to the plead.

Prison is a good place for both of them. Look how many of the 144,000 (72,000 each) they could round up.

And nothing says they can't have portals in their cells.

Date: August 03, 2023 01:57PM

Yes, but the "portals" in those cells are metal, uncomfortable on a naked bum, and lead down instead of up.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.