Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Vomit ( )
Date: September 08, 2023 06:31PM

I think they are in a hurry to spend church money before the government takes it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: September 08, 2023 06:54PM

The government is generally favorable toward religion. I don't think the government has plans to take their money.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 08, 2023 07:11PM

I think that could change as the religiously unaffiliated rise in numbers.

I think the church is responding to what the most hardcore, dedicated members say that they want -- temples. I think the excess of temple-building is a part of a longer-term strategy that has not yet been fully explained to the membership.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: September 08, 2023 07:21PM

True.

I don't know if the hardcore members are requesting temples though. There seem to be plenty around now. I think it's more likely the church really doesn't have anything else to do with the money that also serves as investment and advertising presence. It makes it look to the believers like there is huge growth everywhere.

Maybe hardcore members do ask for temples because they know their businesses might get the business of building and development around it.

I hope someday religion is taxed like other businesses, with high standards for what qualifies as charity. Right now, religions would scream persecution if they couldn't get special treatment.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 08, 2023 08:25PM

"Yay, verily, I say unto you, lay ye up not gold and silver in your 401K plans, but store your funds in our Crypto-Temple Celestial Last Days Funds, the ONLY plan that will survive the Return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus H. Christ!"

"We absolutely, positively, and prayerfully guarantee that upon Jesus' Return in Glory, when He begins His rule of 1,000 years, your funds in His Crypto-Temple Celestial Last Days Funds will have doubled, tripled, or even quadrupled if your faith is sufficient!!

"Why not contact your Stake High Counsel and begin the process for living large (guaranteed!) during the Millennium?"*

*This is not an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any security or other investment or to provide investment services of any kind.  The data we have made up is provided for informational and educational purposes only, and nothing contained herein should be construed as advice, begging, or pleading, much less a solicitation.  Crypto-Temple Celestial Fund, SA ("Crypto-Temple Celestial Fund") is not a registered broker-dealer or investment adviser and does not advise on the raising of capital through securities offerings, and does not recommend or otherwise suggest any investment or investor.  Still, we do make broad hints and allude to needing sufficient faith.  Please note that Investments in religious predictions involve substantial risk.  But don't say we didn't warn you!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.