Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous for this ( )
Date: September 12, 2023 03:22PM

I just read that the new San Jose, CA temple will be built in Sunnyvale, right in the heart of Silicon Valley and not too far from Google and Apple. It will be 30,000 square feet and occupy 4.37 acres of land.

Land in Sunnyvale is VERY expensive. I wonder how much it will cost LDS Inc. to build a 30,000 square foot temple on 4.37 acres of prime real estate?

I wonder what the locals will think of having a Mormon temple in their neighborhood.

https://www.thechurchnews.com/temples/2023/8/28/23820635/san-jose-california-la-paz-bolivia-natal-teresina-brazil-temple-sites-locations#:~:text=San%20Jose%20California%20Temple,-The%20San%20Jose&text=The%20house%20of%20the%20Lord,suburb%20west%20of%20San%20Jose.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Finance Clerk ( )
Date: September 12, 2023 05:23PM

It's right within a block of a Presbyterian church, a Seventh Day Adventist church, and a Catholic church and school.

And there's a mortuary across the street. Makes for easy access to dead people's names.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: September 12, 2023 06:11PM

Wow, it's almost like they are joining that group of billionaires who are buying up land to build their wonder city. Land all over that area is going to go up in value. What a coincidence!

Posted by: Phantom Shadow ( )
Date: September 16, 2023 12:51AM

I was afraid it would be in my area. Lots of acreage, but hardly any attendance. Catholic Church next door is booming--they had to build another parking lot and I understand will extend the chapel. Rare to see many cars on the Mormon side on a Sunday.

I haven't seen a missionary around here in years and years.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.