Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Toronto Boy ( )
Date: October 08, 2023 03:56PM

last weekend. After all on of the GA said he was the prophet to the world. I do not think the attack happened over night. It had to be planned. And we know how Dusty loves the gathering of Israel on both sides of the veil.

But then maybe he was prophetic. All the temples he announced can now to used to do the work for the dead that comes out of this conflict. I know that is sick.

It would have been nice if he gave the world a heads up that something big was about to happen.

Dusty was sure loved today doing testimony meeting. Everyone was talking about how he reveal things. Please tell me what truths or information he revealed at conference as i must have missed it.

Bottom line is I am devastated for the people in the far east and what is going on there. I find it hard to have Celestial thinking as i watch women being captured and child used as hostages and reading about people being shot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: October 08, 2023 04:03PM

I loath the thought of having a conversation on current events with my father. He will certainly, and seriously, claim that there are scriptural prophecies coming to fruition.

His seriousness is wholly unserious.

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: October 08, 2023 04:11PM

Nelson doesn't need to prophesy, when he can just point to previous prophesy.

In a strange way, I appreciated when Hinckley insisted that 9/11 didn't portend Armageddon. I forget his exact words, but they were, I suspect, intended to calm the many Mormon end-of-the-world hysterical peeps like my father. Perhaps Rusty will be as insightful. I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't holding out for the second coming, though. He seems way more dogmatic than Hinckley was.

Posted by: Elmo ( )
Date: October 09, 2023 02:03AM

Israel is in the Middle East, the Far East is more like China and Japan.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: October 11, 2023 09:33AM

And calling East Asia the Far East views the world through a British colonial lense. Fun fact: the Middle East and the Near East are basically the same place. Middle East or Mideast is the preferred term these days.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 11, 2023 10:37AM

Queen Victoria was the biggest heroine dealer in the 19th century. Funny how little people in the west know about the opium wars.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 11, 2023 03:19PM

She sold heroic women?

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 11, 2023 03:36PM

> Fun fact: the
> Middle East and the Near East are basically the
> same place. Middle East or Mideast is the
> preferred term these days.

It wasn't all that way. In the early 19th century the Near East was the Ottoman Empire and particularly its Balkan possessions. The empire's power was declining and Britain and other powers were concerned that instability there could lead to a European war--much like what really happened in 1914.

The Middle East was defined as the area around the Persian Gulf. India didn't need an "eastern" designation since it was already "saved" by the British. The Far East was anything situated on the Pacific Ocean.

The decline of term "Near East" stemmed from changing geopolitical preoccupations. In the 19th century the perceived powder keg was in the Balkans. After the keg exploded in the form of World War One, the great powers' attention shifted to the Levant and the Gulf, which were rightly seen as the next major problem.

No one considers the Balkans to be part of the Near East/Middle East today.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: October 12, 2023 05:59PM

If Rusty gave detailed prophetic warnings and divine solutions then we wouldn't need faith.

Without faith we'd dwindle in unbelief.

Just look st how the corporation under divine guidance kept the details of its investments from us so we wouldn't be tempted to stop paying tithes and offerings and instead feed our kids and get proper medical care for our families.

We wouldn't get blessings and our brother Jesus would be sad.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.