Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 19, 2023 03:13PM

I suppose that hard core TBM have been reassured that the LDS church is doubling down on traditional marriage values (and temple sealings). I didn't think that this GC was overtly explicit about it, but some TBM's (and their podcasts) are beating their war drums to get members riled up. The podcast used the great and abominable church's possible acceptance of SSM to reaffirm GC talks that the Q15 will hold the line and keep SSM away from church doctrine and policies.

I won't link their podcast but you can google their pro-LDS church podcast about LDS church doubles down on marriage. Yes, I sometimes get pro LDS stuff in my feeds after listening to JD and Mormon Stories. I think their podcast misses the mark that the church is very concerned about member's perception~ the church just paid mega-bucks for a "survey" of members' attitudes and beliefs. I don't think they would spend $$$ if they weren't considering changing some policies.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: InCognito2 ( )
Date: October 19, 2023 05:24PM

I'm reassured but they need to double down on the evils of all sexual practices. In doing this all their problems will be solved.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: October 19, 2023 06:03PM

"Only the unsure are doubly sure."
- Reinhold Neihbur

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 19, 2023 06:10PM

Brownie points for the reference!

Neihbur was a very important thinker. His work spanned the range from Christianity to politics and geopolitics. His recognition of the importance of uncertainty in human affairs was, and remains, timeless.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.