Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Toronto Boy ( )
Date: November 05, 2023 07:51PM

I have been listening to several podcasts about Tim Ballard and OUR. The court documents show me that there is a lot that is happening and Elder Ballard is up to his neck in it and has a history of bad business deals. As a GA how could he even be called to that position. That is the question I am left with.
I knew him and his wife when he was Mission President in Toronto. She was beautiful and his daughters all had her good looks. The question I am also wondering is this. She had to know about his penny stocks and crooked deals. Was she trapped and could not get out of the marriage. I remember an interview Ballard had after his wife passed. He said he was always concerned that his wife might someone better than him. I thought that was an odd statement for a GA to make. Listen to some of the podcasts out there about OUR and Ballard. It makes sense if she knew about his penny stocks and he was still doing these deals up to 2021 or so.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: November 05, 2023 07:58PM

Dead women tell no tales.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: November 05, 2023 08:39PM

Elder Ballard is in his 90’s. He’s not going to be around much longer. He will deal with his karma soon enough.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 06, 2023 11:03AM

He was an absolute prick when he was head of the church's missionary department. I was a greenie/newbie elder to the mission when the entire mission was subpoenaed to watch a special missionary broadcast. Instead of praise and recognition, he chastised us for failing to keep our mission costs under control and neglectful care of missionary vehicles.

Even though I was assigned a missionary vehicle for 4 months, I continued to ride in them to church missionary meetings. The Ford Focus was the biggest POS vehicle ever produced. The transmission would fail during normal use. The sisters were driving it on a city boulevard doing 30 and the trans disengaged and the entire electrical system shut off (no, the sisters were not screwing around). They were fortunate that we were there to flag/warn other drivers and call a wrecker as we stalled in the middle of the street. Thanks to Ballard, we never received newer/safer mission vehicles.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.