Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 07, 2023 11:04AM

bridezilla: a woman whose behavior in planning her wedding is regarded as obsessive or intolerably demanding

Has anyone witnessed Mormon bridezillas inside/outside the temple or at LDS wedding receptions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: November 07, 2023 11:09AM

Inside the temples, of course, flamboyance is instantly squashed by the sweet spiritual prison matrons in the bride rooms. But I would love to hear the stories.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: November 07, 2023 11:22AM

Speaking of "Bridezilla" Pluto TV has been running Godzilla movies 24/7 for months and I've been watching them. I really love the genre, and the first one, the 1954 uncut Japanese version is one of my favorite movies. It's very dark and serious and you can really feel the aftermath of WW2 and the atomic bombs that were dropped on them.

Anyway, back to my point. Do you know who Godzilla is married to?

Mothra! And they have 2 offspring....a daughter, Megami, and a son, Mothzilla.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 07, 2023 04:01PM

Do they all keep Kosher?

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: November 07, 2023 04:21PM

Godzilla is the king of monsters so he can do whatever he wants.

Mothra still has faith in Godzilla which makes him a god, so he can do whatever he wants.

Megami and Mothzilla are Godzilla's children so they do what ever he wants.

So, if Godzilla say's they keep kosher.....well, you get the idea.

I say these things in the name of Rodan, ramen.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 07, 2023 11:43AM

My wife was not a bridezilla, but we encountered one outside the Oakland Temple. We were outside and another couple had already done their obligatory line up in front of the temple fence shot. They had moved to an area near the fountains and we were now there. My wedding party included 3 couples from the ward and my parents and a classmate who served as a maid of honor for my wife (she helped prepared my wife's dress only to be informed that it was inappropriate for inside the temple).

So another bride began screaming at me and my wedding party- Hey, we're not done taking our pictures. Get out of the way.

We just stood there. I did not have a professional photographer to take outdoor photos. My mom took photos with her 35mm camera and the camera malfunctioned. Another couple took blurry photos because the sister had shaky hands. The only semblance of memories was my Dad's video of us standing there for 2-3 minutes. He had to dub music over the actual audio because this bitchy bride was having a meltdown tantrum of having to wait her turn.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 07, 2023 07:51PM

It was over labor day weekend and I guess not many wanted to get married then. I have talked about the old ladies talking about making me wear whatever it is over my sleeves on my dress until my mom showed up.

We had the "reception" if you can call it that--at the singles ward we met in. They had a rectangular garden that was nice and many people used that to have their reception. Mine was midday and we had dinner or lunch type for refreshments. Turkey and rolls, many salads made by family, salad, and cake. I wanted it simple and it was. I didn't invite a lot of people. I'm just not social. I wanted to elope rather than go through all this.

I don't remember ever being at a bridezilla wedding church or not church.

Posted by: BoydKKK ( )
Date: November 07, 2023 10:02PM

Japan has a long history of every kind of big monster attacking it. From Godzilla to Mothra to the giant preying mantis.

I think it has something to do with God chastizing and humbling them for not being White and Delightsome. Mark E. Peterson could probably tell us all about it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.