Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: November 15, 2023 12:58PM

A few days ago a poster was talking about a new kind of investments the church was involved in. I believe this might be it. It popped up on my screen today.

https://evrspurcross.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsfCy3sjGggMVENQoBR0dPQvHEAEYASAAEgJjtPD_BwE

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 15, 2023 02:09PM

No worries!

When summer & hot temps arrive, all the residents will drive their Arizona licensed cars & pick-ups to Sequim & live here until it cools back ‘home’;

will their landlords pro-rate their rent payments?

I DOUBT IT !!!!

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: November 15, 2023 04:58PM

Let’s see if I’ve got this right.

A bunch of retired people from AZ are going to come there and spend several thousand dollars per month per person/couple in your state, and not even take any jobs from resident Washingtonians, since they are retirees.

Instead of saying “thank you” about them, you complain about their AZ license plates, although they are under zero obligation, either legal or ethical to purchase Washington plates, since they are obviously temporary residents. [That 30 day thing only applies to people establishing permanent residency]

Is that about the size of it?

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: November 15, 2023 05:01PM

Stay of my lawn, BoJ, or else!

Date: November 15, 2023 05:48PM

My whole POV on this is that Washington residents who license honestly (forgo other choices) shouldn't be abused/exploited by dishonest people; the application isn't comfortable to some...

Scallywags search for ways to avoid anything they disagree with, I think Honesty is Better.

a) Not all who move here are 'retirees'; I'm retired from my usual occupation (electrical contractor); if I find work here could I be considered a 'retiree' if I've spent time in another state? Many of these folks also find 'post-retirement' jobs, I have worked with some, so saying you're 'retired' isn't bullet proof.

b) If I travel to AZ or any other state, I'm governed by the laws of that other state in ALL that I do, not by Washington laws.

c) the law should not give exclusions/exemptions based on spending $, that's CRAP.

d) Some folks mention that they own property (residences/land/homes) in other states, should they have a free-will choice of which state to license in bc of that? I think not.

In casual conversations with people who have out-of-state plates, the first Q I ask is: "Do you live in Washington?"; many say Yes , but 'back-out' when I mention our licensing laws. If they say NO, I wish them a nice visit.

the cheaters here know precisely all the tricks and aren't hesiant to invoke them.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 15, 2023 06:06PM

GNPE, we get it. You are upset with people who are part-year residents who don't follow Washington state law. No need to keep banging away at it.

Date: November 15, 2023 06:43PM

I was responding to BoJ, maybe U missed that.

It's not only 'part-time residents' who are cheating!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2023 06:44PM by GNPE.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: November 16, 2023 02:46PM

Hey. Go back and read your post. You said all those AZ residents would move to WA with their AZ licensed vehicles and stay until the hot weather abates.

It is basically only retirees that have the time and money to do that. And simply moving to the state temporarily for the summer in and of itself does not require WA license plates.

Why don’t you buy a light meter and start checking those AZ cars for having windows tinted too dark for WA standards? I bet there are plenty of violations.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 15, 2023 05:28PM

It's a wonder that the leadership has time to run an actual church.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: November 15, 2023 06:05PM

Well, they don't seem to be doing that part as well as their other side gigs.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 15, 2023 06:54PM

There's also the matter of all the silly volunteers who are trying to make sure they have a spot saved in Plural Marriage Estates.

Posted by: ciena ( )
Date: November 15, 2023 06:48PM

Not too bright of them to land into this present position and have the same stark realization.

WWJD

Date: November 15, 2023 07:53PM

BEWARE of churches & 'religions' acting as businesses; you'll never know which is most important to them / First Priority.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.