Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BoydKKK ( )
Date: December 14, 2023 01:02PM

https://petapixel.com/2023/12/14/rare-half-male-half-female-bird-is-photographed-in-once-in-century-event/

Wonder if this one would keep Dallin & Co up nights trying to figure out which it is? Or would he just call it Satanic and Big Nellie come up with a Revelation that it can't be Baptized?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: December 14, 2023 01:18PM

I remember a "this may keep them up late at night" moment when my second set of kids were in junior high...

It was a school trip to Sea World in San Diego, which included a 'behind the scenes' visit to a private lecture hall next to a porpoise tank with a large clear plastic wall.  Probably a quarter of the kids present (and their parents) were mormon.

I don't recall the theme of the talk being given by the lecturer, other than that it was about porpoises, but the whole time, a small pod of porpoises was careening around in the tank, showing off.

Suddenly one of the "bumping vigorously into each other" porpi shoots off a stream of white fluid from about mid-ship...and there were some "what was that!?" exclamations.

Without missing a beat, the lecturer said something very close to, "Well, these are all young male porpoises, and just like in all of nature, a small percentage of males will always be homosexual; it's a fact of nature that has been confirmed over and over again."

Whether my kids knew this at this point is irrelevant; it was a teaching moment that I'm pretty sure was not welcome by mormon bigots and bigots in general.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.