Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: December 22, 2023 01:22AM

When "The Block" started, the one meeting to unite all the meetings, how often was the Sacrament administered?

In my youth I had to be on the stand twice a Sunday, once for SS and once for Sac; after the block started did both SS and Sac pass the bread and water to the prisoners?

Thank you, if you tell the truth; a curse on Gladys if she fibs ... again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 22, 2023 01:33AM

As far as I recall, from about ‘08 (?), the congregation was split into classes without all meeting together after SM concluded…

wasn’t there a uniform policy of SM first?

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: December 22, 2023 01:35AM

It has been a long time, but I don't believe it was passed in SS once the block schedule started.

Date: December 22, 2023 01:56AM

Thank you.  When I lose on Jeopardy regarding this issue, I'll know whom to blame.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: December 22, 2023 02:07AM

Be sure to let us know when you will be on so that we can watch your loss.

Date: December 22, 2023 02:21AM

Yeah, another party to which I won't be invited . . .

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: December 22, 2023 02:23AM

Perhaps you can just get a video of you losing at golf. I think that would satisfy [|] and me.

Date: December 22, 2023 02:39AM

One wins and/or loses at golf on a shot-by-shot basis, much like one's daily life building the pyramids.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: December 22, 2023 03:07AM

That’s a first rate koan there, Jesus, as well as a mixed metaphor!

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: December 22, 2023 09:34AM

Sacrament was only in Sacrament meeting. Though sacrament meeting could be first or last depending on how many wards were crammed into the building.

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: December 22, 2023 11:18AM

As I remember it, when the three hour block was announced from the pulpit, there was so much cheering from the prisoners that the ushers ran away and they almost had to rededicate the building again.

I think I recall that the sacrexcrement was passed around during the first meeting which was sacrament meeting. Then as the closing prayer was offended up the prisoners were confused as to where to go next.

The Warden took the bullhorn and loudly informed everyone to sit back down as Sunday School was about to start. Another prayer was offered up, and the same announcements that were made in sacrement meeting were regurgitated again. THEN the prisoners were informed of where to go for classroom indoctrination.

Wait a minute, now that the coffee is clearing the fog, I distinkly remember the teachers and priests scurrying to prep the linen table for a second feeding. I remember this because it was all so awkward and weird. Then the following week the second feeding was discontinued.

So, I would have to say "yes" that there were two sacraments on the first day of the new block.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.