Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: LifeFromANewView ( )
Date: January 05, 2024 05:38PM

It's been a few months since I turned in the resignation. I only did it as a formality since I've considered myself out for the better part of a decade. I turned it in via quit mormon and I'm going to be honest I kind of forgot I had even done it until I got the notification. It feels good to be out officially though even if it doesn't mean anything in the long run.

It's been so long since I regularly posted and checked on here I realized I didn't even really consider myself an Ex-Mormon anymore(despite the fact that I am). I have an entirely new set of religious beliefs, new lifestyle, and I view myself and others through an entirely different lens. I never realized how much Mormonism cheapens the view of other people and friendships down to potential converts and potential marriage partners.

Mormonism did a lot of terrible things in my life but as much as I dislike the bad I also love Mormonism because I wouldn't be who I am now if I wasn't who I was then. That being said I'm extremely glad that part of my life is over. Not sure why I'm posting this, guess I just needed to brag a bit!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 05, 2024 05:39PM

Yes, it must feel good to formally close that chapter of your life. Best wishes moving forward!

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: January 05, 2024 06:20PM

Congratulations, I will drink my morning coffee tomorrow in your honor.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 05, 2024 06:45PM

You are now eligible to sue the mormon church if anyone disturbs your day in an attempt to reengage with you, religiously...

Here's thinking: Having been given notice that you're "out" ought to provide the relief you're looking for, which is that the church leaves you 100% alone.

When someone from the ward, or missionaries, knock on your door, you use your cell phone to document the visit, and if you're lucky, that they were seeking to speak with you.

Then you file a small claims action for $11.35, plus costs...ALL costs!

The basis for your lawsuit, should the judge ask, is Guinn v. Church of Christ of Collinsville.  The fun thing about small claims court is that attorneys are not allowed to represent either party in front of the bench.

It's very likely that you'll get your $11.35 for the commotion they caused in your life, the cost of filing the lawsuit, the cost of serving the plaintiff(s), the Uber to and from the courthouse, etc., etc., etc.

In my fevered imagination, I see 100s of these cases being filed on a monthly basis, until the church creates a database to be checked before going and knocking on someone's door, or leaving a plate of sacred cookies on the doorstep (which should be sent to a poison control center for checking, with any billings to sent to Kirkland-McCostco).

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: January 05, 2024 06:47PM

Good for you. It's a nice feeling to honestly and officially say you're not associated with the Mormon church. Live well!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.