Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: December 30, 2023 03:09PM

I’ve heard several rock muscians say they had a drug problem until they could afford it. When they came into money they could feed their addiction and of course the end result was a disaster.

The church always wanted to build a lot of temples but never had the finances to do it. Now they can afford it and the temples are being built. There’s going to be more temples than are needed or wanted.

The disaster will be temples will become nothing special. The members will grow tired of them. They will become monuments of stupidity.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: December 30, 2023 04:31PM

It wouldn't surprise me a bit to see the top dogs come up some incentive for every member to visit every temple and receive a special pin to wear on their lapels that show just how special they are for their temple attendance dedication.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: December 30, 2023 04:34PM

The temples just don't offer the same "high" as other addictions which is the biggest problem. Pretty hard to get your "fix" at one of those places although people still say they did.

It's a shame that they can't at least put Starbucks in temples to lure customers in just like every other business anxious to have one inside like the grocery stores here. Just another example of how the Mormons painted themselves into a corner.

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: December 30, 2023 04:40PM

My biggest temple related disappointment was when they kicked us out of the celestial room after just a quick minute. I'd always been told that it was a place of reflection, meditation, and inspiration.

Ever since my first time through, the first adjective that comes to mind when the temple topic comes up is "stupid". I know I'm far from unique.

They could fix this easily.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 31, 2023 06:21AM

Looking at a cutaway of the interior of one of the modern, pre-fab temples, I have to wonder how the TBMs don't get claustrophobia inside. It looks like a rabbit warren with all of the small, small rooms.

Date: December 31, 2023 08:40PM

Most TBM’s I know don’t enjoy the temple. One even complained how bored of the endowment she is.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 13, 2024 12:55PM

Is there enough POSTUM in the world to supply LDS Temple cafeterias ?

OTOH, I do like their pumpkin bread…

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: December 31, 2023 06:55AM

What would a religious nutcase do if they won the lottery, give it away? No, build temples. Large and spacious buildings that cater to those who look down on unbelievers.

But let's be honest. They couldn't get approval to build housing for the homeless anyway. Maybe the NIMBYs deserve a temple.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: December 31, 2023 01:34PM

>>>They couldn't get approval to build housing for the homeless anyway

I'm not sure about that. They have plenty of land in multiple places that might be suitable for low income housing, IMO.

I think a lot of people are not OK with so many people living on the streets nowadays. I would rather see homeless housing come up than a church- even in my backyard.

Date: December 31, 2023 02:45PM

I think it's ridiculous that they are building so many temples, but if they must, they need to respect local laws. I'm tired of the Mormon church disrespecting zoning laws and other local ordinances.

Date: December 31, 2023 08:44PM

Money corrupts. When you have money you have power and it’s tempting to throw your weight around. This does not help the church image wise.

Posted by: lousyleper ( )
Date: December 31, 2023 05:54PM

However she also put a 1300 dollars or more on the places. That is her opinion. She builds affordable housing. People that are unable to get jobs, addiction or not, are unable to afford 'affordable' housing.

Date: December 31, 2023 06:17PM

That's not unusual. My local government recently proposed "affordable housing," and I pointed out that it would take a school teacher something like 20 years to afford the current price -- which by then would have gone up. Guess they don't need essential workers.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: December 31, 2023 05:23PM

sunbeep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It wouldn't surprise me a bit to see the top dogs
> come up some incentive for every member to visit
> every temple and receive a special pin to wear on
> their lapels that show just how special they are
> for their temple attendance dedication.

Military and police organizations have medals with bars or insignia which can be added. For example, the Marines have marksmanship badges and you can add other weapons below: "Rifle," "Pistol," "Machine Gun," etc. So LDS could give you a medal for your home temple, then add more bars with the name of each temple you visit. Your first five temples would be simple pewter, but you get a shiny steel one after five temples, then bronze, silver, gold. After that, gems! Start with garnet, then emerald, ruby, and finally--GOLD!

https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.redd.it%2F9y25stvy3f781.jpg

Dagny--cities are DESPERATE for places to house all the illegal immigrants that are showing up. You think they could set up cots or bunkbeds in temples? Are there showers in the brides rooms? Do the new temples have cafeterias? Citizenship and voting procedure lessons could be held in the meeting rooms.

Date: December 31, 2023 08:47PM

Back to Scouting. Who earns the most temple skill awards becomes a god.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: December 31, 2023 08:41PM

being put up in the mormon temples!!!

there will be a way to use the temples by making them the future stake centers and you can only go to church in the temples if you pay your tithing.

I've heard a lot of statements about their first time in the temple. I'm not sure what my statement would be, but the temple is hideous.

I also wanted to get to sit down and meditate in the CR and I had some big questions I needed answers for like MY HUSBAND WAS GAY you stupid men. I never once got to sit down in the CR.

All the stupid lies they told us about the temples. My dad told me after he knew I wasn't going back to the church that the temple was BIZARRE. It was like, Colleen, IT WAS BIZARRE!!!

Of course, they didn't get much time and energy from me in the temples.

Posted by: Army of light ( )
Date: January 13, 2024 11:03AM

What if the church has a temple addiction?

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: January 13, 2024 03:18PM

Too much temple can affect your judgment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uuygJnnyiYI

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.