Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ConcernedCitizen ( )
Date: October 03, 2015 05:58PM

...yep folks, here we go again with more on Uncle Warren's crew. The Church that represents the "True and Everlasting Covenant"...well, maybe that's a stretch.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/30/us/polygamist-flds-warren-jeffs-update/?iid=ob_article_topstories_pool&iref=obnetwork

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: October 30, 2015 02:52PM

...posted a few weeks back.....I think this deserves a second look.

...our LDS "Crazy First Cousin" Uncle Warren takes it to the next level with his unique "Designated Hitter" program. It utilizes so called "select men to act as Seed Bearers", who are the only authorized men to have sex and impregnate the females.....exclusively. That is, exclusively with other men's wives. Husbands are no longer allowed to have any physical contact with their wives, although they must hold their wive's hand while the "Designated Hitter" drives home the winning pitch. All this while Warren is imprisoned. Giving direction to the faithful, from a prison cell.........now if that's not inspired, I don't know what is.

He needs to be martyred....just like Joe @ Carthage!

Posted by: pamelapotrey ( )
Date: October 30, 2015 04:19PM

Amongst a few of the other idiotic "revelations" that Warren Jeffs received .THIS one would be the DEAL BREAKER !

THIS is when I'd turn to my husband, if not before , & say "We're OUT of here ". If my husband said No , we must stay, then I'd say " you stay & have sex with THAT guy, but the kids & I are LEAVING " !!!

Warren is such a PRICK. Kind of helps us to 'see' what it might've been like to live in the same time as Joseph smith.

One can only IMAGINE how crazy Joseph Smith must've looked in those days ! ( I'm sorry great , great ,Grandpa .) Hope I didn't miss a great there !

Posted by: beyondashadow ( )
Date: October 31, 2015 01:18AM

I am truly sorry that Joseph Smith's story ended at age 38. Imagine how much more entertaining Mormon History would be if Joseph had lived to a ripe old age?

Date: October 30, 2015 05:36PM

...apparently, any time the words "inspired revelation" are uttered, all rational and critical thinking skills are left at the door. There's really not that much difference in the logic component Warren uses, vs, the same thing Joe proclaimed during his time as so-called Prophet..........where's the critical thinking on the part of active LDS/FLDS members?

Wouldn't you be running for the door.....FAST??

Posted by: Moey Ramone ( )
Date: January 13, 2024 05:23AM

It's all the cult of leadership

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: October 30, 2015 05:41PM

Has a revelation ever come like this one before? Women being directed to a brother-in-law to form posterity? The closest thing I can think of is when Zina went to live with BY after being already married to her first husband. He gets sent on a mission. But did BY bring raise forth seed?

Posted by: dejavue ( )
Date: October 30, 2015 06:15PM

I am glad this stuff is finally coming to light. It has been going on for years, whispered about, a wink and a nod type knowing. No one has screamed, "But the emperor has no clothes" even though many/most were aware of it but kept silent for fear of being rejected, shunned, emotionally and physically abused.

Warren's control is much like the control Joseph and Brigham and the their ilk wielded up into the age of the INTERNET. Some people have been so programmed to fear that death most likely will be their only reprieve but as long as there is a way to acquire and disseminate information, the myth makers will continue to shrink in numbers.

Probably lots more bumps in the road coming up but in the end, I like to think that people in general will find their way to the light and knowledge that will free them from the control of others and encourage self acceptance and responsibility.

Posted by: Mr. Inactive ( )
Date: October 30, 2015 11:23PM

This report is deeply disturbing. I simply cannot comprehend the psychological prison that keeps this people in line. What a loathsome creature this "so-called" prophet of the RLDS is.

Posted by: Mr. Inactive ( )
Date: October 30, 2015 11:24PM

Correction "FLDS"

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: October 31, 2015 09:55AM

Be it church or govt..it sure seems the lunatics run the asylum..seems its only the lunatics even want the job..every new reveal just exposes another ugly dark corner of the lunatics mind...my speculation is...if he wasnt in purgatory for the rest of his miserable life...hed be the only seed bearer...and perhaps a few of his loyal looootenants...seems some other short little potlicker with an ugly moustache a few years ago ...had the same idea...poor buggers must have had an ugly life...or evil really is a thing...he and boyd can have a nice chat over postum and crumpets...you know...share strategies

Posted by: goatsgotohell ( )
Date: October 31, 2015 01:03PM

A few years back the seniors in high school were supposed to read "The Handmaid's Tale" by Margaret Atwood. The LDS parents threw a fit, wouldn't let their kids read. This seedbearer idea reminds me of a section in the book where women who were unable to have children laid down, the handmaid laid between their legs, and the husband impregnated the handmaid who could bear children that were then given to the wife to raise. What I love is that the mormons find these things to be so vulgar, but if they looked back in their history, they really aren't so different. There were a lot of gender and religion ideas in the Handmaid's Tale that were just too close for comfort...I was especially sad for all the young women who weren't allowed to read it.

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: October 31, 2015 06:03PM

Its hazy..but i seem to member reading that hand maidens or concubines were for that purpose...isaac if i member correctly was a big deal because sarah was barren...sarah gave hagar to abe to wife...plygs ate this up...it was even called the law of sarah and obedience to it was to take away a womans reproach...going cleat back to eve and the dadurn apple nonsense...ya gotta say...shit by any other name is still shit

Posted by: Mtalk ( )
Date: January 06, 2024 10:54AM

These people are beyond crazy. It is disgusting to think a human could think this way. There is no difference between them and Afgan muslims.

Posted by: Johnny ( )
Date: January 17, 2024 05:21AM

This would make a great title for a punk album.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.