Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 16, 2023 10:40AM

He went to hurricane ravaged Acapulco to assess damage and meet with local government leaders. The church has pledged 1 million dollars in aid.

He asks for members to be vigilant in their prayers and for members to open up their wallets for offerings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtFkWb_OR6U&ab_channel=ChurchNewsroom

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 16, 2023 11:24AM

I wonder which apostle(s) will visit Gaza & when; we know that the PH members hold the keys to world peace (or is that whirled peas?).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2023 01:27PM by GNPE.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: November 16, 2023 11:35AM

Their magic underwear will keep them safe. Gazans whose homes are piles of rubble can recover by paying a full tithe.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: November 16, 2023 01:16PM

None.

They fear the prophecy that two prophets will die in Jerusalem.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: November 16, 2023 01:41PM

I'm not sure which is more amusing: the image of apostles who are afraid of the biblical prophesies or the notion that the apostles, knowing all they do about the Mormon scam, actually believe those prophesies.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: November 16, 2023 11:38AM

Does he mean money that the church already has? Or, does he mean members are to open up their wallets to come up with the million? It sounds like the latter.

It was disappointing that the video switches to his meeting with other religious leaders to "protect religious freedom" and missionary training as if that is what they should be focused on during this time of Acapulco's disaster.

Posted by: Silence is Golden ( )
Date: November 16, 2023 01:28PM

I am sure he is talking about the Humanitarian Fund. The 1 million is probably going to come from the fund, and he wants members to donate to the fund to restore the 1 Million, plus more.

When I was semi-active I did contribute to the Humanitarian Fund on behalf of my wife who wanted to maintain her temple recommend. Then one day when confronted by the bishop about my lack of tithing, I said that my tithing was being sent to the HF to maintain my wife's TR. He went into a fit and said the HF was not and will never be considered a tithing donation.

So Bednar wants the members to fund all LDS Corps. generosity above and beyond the 10% tithing requirement. With today's inflation and costs, I would not appreciate a GA thinking I had endless amounts of cash to send them, instead of them dipping into Ensign Peaks.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: November 16, 2023 01:40PM

Wow.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 16, 2023 01:01PM

? Did he first get permission from the Correlation Committee?

Many would like to know !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2023 01:57PM by GNPE.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: November 16, 2023 01:50PM

Only Bednar and Dr Evil still think One Million Dollars is a lot of money. It is one moderately expensive house in SLC. It would be a down payment on repairing one apartment building in Acapulco.

And it is one one-hundred-thousandth of $100 billion. And he’s not even promising the church’s money. He wants the members to come up with it. What a mensch (not)

Posted by: want2bx ( )
Date: November 16, 2023 03:31PM

Yes. I logged in to make a similar comment. One million dollars doesn't go very far in today's world. The members will increase their donations when they really don't need to and will probably exceed the million dollar mark. The excess most likely won't be donated. One million dollars probably isn't even a day's worth of interest on the church's money.

Posted by: Livid ( )
Date: January 23, 2024 05:57PM

Now that Aaron Sherinian is on board they can rest assured that a good global citizen is running the PR.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: January 23, 2024 06:07PM

He doesn't run a damn thing. The apostles hire people to make their sh*t smell good and nothing more.

He has no power; he won't change the church at all.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: January 23, 2024 10:40PM

Blah, blah, blah goes the stuffed suit.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.