Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 25, 2024 04:50PM

Please take heed of the following before penning a reply:

1)  Please remember, as in don't forget, to take inflation into account when you're figuring out which cost more, your 'couples therapy' or your wedding.

2)  Do you think your spouse is 'cute' or 'crazy' when he/she talks like an imbecile?

3)  Is the statement, "Being married is not a great experience..." always and forever true?

4)  Is it possible that ghawd had the same 'good intentions' when he entered the ghawd business as I did every time I got married, and it's just that we weren't suited for the jobs?

5)  Which is more important, "Good Intentions," "Doing Your Best," or "Being a Realist"?

6) Has there ever been a happier, bouncier, can't-keep-your-feet-still-er song with a laugh-out-loud ending than Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe"?  Also, isn't the message poignant?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWNaR-rxAic&list=RDfWNaR-rxAic&start_radio=1 (This is my new favorite watching people work out song!  But I don't know that I'll be able to work it into a golf outing...)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: January 25, 2024 04:56PM

You just think the gardener is sexy. Imagine if he were wielding a leaf blower.

Whoa, I gotta sit down for a second!

Date: January 25, 2024 04:59PM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
------------------------
>
> Whoa, I gotta sit down
> for a second!

You're listening to the song!!!!!

Date: January 25, 2024 05:02PM

Okay, okay, I'll call you Maybe.

Date: January 25, 2024 05:07PM

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: January 25, 2024 05:09PM

Oh geez. I"m off to home depot to buy some sod because I don't even have a lawn and now I need one desperately.

Unfortunately I now have stuck in my head images of Gladys washing her car and doing those poses. Make sure the suds cover your face, maybe.

And, marriage has a lot in common with a mission.

Date: January 25, 2024 05:23PM

How will you feel when the good folks at Home Depot tell you to sod off?

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: January 25, 2024 05:24PM

Please take heed of the following before penning a reply:

1) Please remember, as in don't forget, to take inflation into account when you're figuring out which cost more, your 'couples therapy' or your wedding.

> I thought the wedding WAS couple therapy, especially if they serve booze.

2) Do you think your spouse is 'cute' or 'crazy' when he/she talks like an imbecile?

> Only when I listen like and imbecile.

3) Is the statement, "Being married is not a great experience..." always and forever true?

> Is this a trick question?

4) Is it possible that ghawd had the same 'good intentions' when he entered the ghawd business as I did every time I got married, and it's just that we weren't suited for the jobs?

> "Same" is the operative word. I'm sure god had good intensions, you? Maybe not so much.

5) Which is more important, "Good Intentions," "Doing Your Best," or "Being a Realist"?

> None of them. Getting fresh hot fries when you go to McDonalds is more important.

6) Has there ever been a happier, bouncier, can't-keep-your-feet-still-er song with a laugh-out-loud ending than Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe"? Also, isn't the message poignant?

> Maybe, call me....and we can discuss it.

Date: January 25, 2024 05:30PM

I would vote for you for HOA President!

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: January 25, 2024 05:42PM

Sure, but would you vote for me for A-HO president? I might let you put all those concrete statues in your yard if you do.

Posted by: Alien Weaponry ( )
Date: January 27, 2024 06:15AM

I take solace in the old proverb, "Marry in haste, repent at leisure".

In some cases, it's better to be unmarried than married to the harridan/brute of your nightmares.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.