Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: January 29, 2024 12:49PM

Admittedly, I have never gone to a massage parlor and experienced what happens there. The thoughts of laying on a table while a stranger works their magic is a little intimidating to me.

When I was still a mormon, I had lots of friends who got massages and they liked it. But, what about the garments? You know, shouldn't they remain on? The morality of nakedness? In front of someone you aren't married to?

I'm still a little bit shy about this and wondering what other people did when they were still mormony and getting massages. For those who ever did this,what/how did you go about it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: January 29, 2024 01:10PM

-But, what about the garments?

I think the point is not to wear any.

I've related the story about going hiking and swimming with the son of the bishop. Both he and I were RM's. He picked up the daughter of a stake president (also RM) and she invited a friend. Both young ladies were wearing t-shirts with bikini bottoms.

I didn't know how to gauge this afternoon jaunt, but since the planned activity was to swim in a river. I left the G's off and went in my swimming trunks and it was the smart thing to do.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 29, 2024 02:48PM

Very Few things in life beat skinny-dipping.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 29, 2024 01:12PM

You should get a massage! They are wonderful. You would not be wearing garments. The masseuse will drape you in a cloth, and will only uncover the part of your body that s/he is working on. Your private parts will always be covered. There's nothing to worry about.

If you need to work up to that, you can start with a seated back massage with your shirt on. Or get a foot and lower leg massage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2024 01:13PM by summer.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: January 29, 2024 03:29PM

So just like the initiatories in the temple in the 60s!

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: January 29, 2024 03:33PM

Hot stone is the best massage. Your muscle relax and you’ll feel great.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 29, 2024 04:16PM

How about just stoned?

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: January 29, 2024 06:34PM

Hot stoned while stoned is perfection

Date: January 29, 2024 06:36PM

. . . In or out of your gourd?

Posted by: nomo moses ( )
Date: January 29, 2024 06:48PM

I remember my first massage. It was a Christmas present from some friends.

I was told to disrobe to what I felt comfortable. I left my garment bottoms on, which kind of set the boundary for the massage.

I told my brother I was going to wear a thong for the next massage. I really could have used some work on the upper thighs and glutes.

I then bought a year of couple massages for my ex for our 25th anniversary. It was funny when my mom asked if we were naked during the massages. I informed her we didn’t have to be naked, but chose to be naked.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: January 29, 2024 07:03PM

I'm having flashbacks from BYU. They kept telling everyone to avoid backrubs and massages. LOL.

Date: January 29, 2024 07:07PM

Out in Lakeview Ward, I preached the wisdom of Joseph Smith to my Elders Quorum: Yay, verily, try not to get caught.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.