Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Visitor from the West ( )
Date: February 29, 2024 04:46PM

We have a seemingly insatiable desire to consume the Earth and it's resources. I read once about an island where rat predators were removed and the rats summarily consumed the place down to bare Earth before the population then collapsed. Homo sapiens started going down hill big time when we went from hunter gatherers to agriculture.

More and more wildlife killing roads and vehicles. More subdivisions. More damns, aqueducts/pipelines. Bulldozing millions of acres of desert habitat to install solar farms. Building thousands of hawk, owl, and eagle killing wind turbines. Mines, oil wells, industrial fishing. Thousands of daily ocean vessels killing whales. The deployment of thousands of nuclear weapons. Even Earths near orbit space is being polluted with hundreds of thousands of man made objects. Etc., etc.

Seriously, where and when does it end? A solar coronal mass ejection is statistically likely in the next 75 years, maybe that will throttle us back significantly. The thing wrong with nuclear armageddon is that it will take 90% of the innocent species along with us.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: February 29, 2024 04:52PM

Find an apex predator and make it the invasive species. It would keep us on our toes.

Maybe a real life Jurassic Park.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: February 29, 2024 05:00PM

How often have I begged for an invasion of 8-foot tall, hairy, baby-eating spiders!!!!

You know that those nasty buggers would unite ALL MANKIND faster than you can say "Flash Gordon loves Emperor Ming"!!!!!

edited because sometimes I just get so excited I forget to debug what my fingers hath key-stricken.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2024 05:01PM by elderolddog.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.