Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: March 26, 2024 08:41AM

So my cousin the one who I have been writing about has yet another child on an LDS mission. My cousin has 7 children. So I had her " what does X want in his packages". She text me back
"He says he doesn't know. He does like money, since he doesn't get much of an allowance there. (They are really careful with food for them,and he has a member a a chef to make sure they don't eat anything that will give him parasites) packages snacks are safe though. I told him to come up with a list of ideas he likes. I'll see if he sends me anything. Lol"

He is serving in Peru.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: March 26, 2024 09:19AM

Is he in Lima? I have nevermo in-law family in Lima if he ever needs help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2024 09:20AM by Soft Machine.

Posted by: Subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: March 26, 2024 09:46AM

He is in Arequipa. That part “he doesn’t get much of an allowance there” is upsetting to me knowing that the LDS church has so much money. Thank you soft machine I am staying in contact with my cousin to make sure the missionary will get fed.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: March 26, 2024 11:35AM

My hubby is from Peru.

His advice is to avoid salads, brush his teeth with bottled water, no ice, and do not eat anything from street vendors.

Hubby says the beef is very good in Arequipa; we liked it when we visited there.

As far as goodies to send: stick with the packaged stuff.

Above all, stick to the cardinal rule: Do not try to pet the wildlife or domestic animals. I broke that rule petting some really cute llamas and as soon as we returned to the states, I was hospitalized with Q Fever because of the ticks that had bitten me that were on those adorable llamas.

Posted by: Subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: March 29, 2024 01:44PM

Do you know how I can send packages to Peru? Right now I am using this website
https://perumissionarypackages.com/
When I send a package from the USA to Peru with postal service I ended up spending $88 on postage.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 29, 2024 03:20PM

"With the experience of having been a missionary and teacher in the CCM of Peru, I was able to know about the many problems that some parents have when they send packages to their missionaries in Peru.

"Thinking about this, I started this endeavor to help you reach your missionary and take the gifts you choose in a cheaper and faster way, so that he/she can have a pleasant surprise on your part.

"I take each order as if it were your missionary part of my family, because I understand the work, sacrifice and love with which they share the gospel and what it means to be away from those we love most, the family.

"I value your confidence in my service and I thank you from now for your request."

"DISCLAIMER

"The products offered by Peru Missionary Packages are neither made, provided, approved nor endorsed by Intellectual Reserve, Inc. or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Any content or opinions expressed, implied or included in or with the goods offered by Peru Missionary Packages are solely those of Peru Missionary Packages and not those of Intellectual Reserve, Inc. or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."

https://perumissionarypackages.com/about-us/

Obviously, I don't know what's in the heart of this entrepreneur, but I have no problem supposing that like any good mormon, he is not averse to making a good buck based on soaking his clientele because we all know mormonism is big on making as much money as possible, because then ghawd gets more tithing, and everyone (except the consumer) is happy!

Posted by: dogbloggernli ( )
Date: March 29, 2024 03:48PM

Send him some ranch dressing packets. It was a fun taste of home.

Now in Peru from public markets he probably needs to do a bleach soak of greens he'll eat uncooked but here's how to do that.

https://slowpoketravel.com/clean-fruit-and-vegetables-in-mexico/

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.