Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 29, 2024 11:49PM

In Season Four of RHOSLC, Lisa Barlow's 18 year old son announced that he was going on a mission. This came as a surprise to the parents, who I suppose would qualify as Jack-Mormons. Apparently this will be a continuing subplot throughout the season, and I suppose into the next season if the show is picked up for another year.

Subscriber-only article, but we all know how missions work. The funniest bit in the article was mom taking son for shopping trip to get clothes. She wanted to get him a teal suit. Salesperson had to explain this was for a mission, not a prom. Then she decided on red pinstripe. Another no.

Son got sent initially to So Cal because his Columbian visa was turned down because he submitted as a visa photo him showing off his abs at Lake Powell. He hadn't yet learned that there are certain people that you should assume have no sense of humor at all, among them, police officers, airport security, and border control agents for basically every country on the planet.

From the article:
Weirdly enough, the Bravo reality show about women who spend a lot of time fighting with one another offered arguably the best glimpse for non-Latter-day Saint viewers of the workings inside a Latter-day Saint family. In the first episode of Season Four, Lisa got teary when she said, “I’m not going to see him for two years.”

And that’s a continuing theme. In a later episode, Lisa told Jack it’s going to be hard “not having you here for Christmas. Not having you here for Thanksgiving.” Lisa’s husband and Jack’s father, John, predicted that Lisa would cry for a week when Jack left. Jack said his mom would cry “up until I come home, pretty much.”

SLTrib seems to be on a major roll of Mormon-related stories this week, and it's not even GC week yet!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 30, 2024 12:20AM

I have to wonder how long he's going to last, coming from a Jackmo family.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: March 30, 2024 04:08AM

He will be given allowances like nobody's business for paparazzi stuff. And the church leaders will wet themselves with excitement. All the while the rest of the mission force will be made to feel like sh!t for wanting the smallest hint of attention.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.